Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eco/Power button

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
^^^^ I've never noticed mine go into 4th either.
When you hit the button on the freeway, it automatically drops back to third.

So i'm thinking it dis-engages overdrive as well.

ORIXVywags

Max stunners on the train
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Acclaim,VR Acclaim,VS Ute,VS Berlina Wagon
Mine will go to 4th, but I will be doing like 140kmph,

and by then It make me wonder the bloody hell she can do speed wise, (public roads aint cool for it - Mr and Mrs Sunday Driver in there Camry will pull out in front of you when you least expect it)

in high and sight, PWR is really for Towing, and Overtaking

I have had a VS V6 (one of my old ones) off the clock before, but that was at Bankstown Airport on a Public Holiday,

then a mate had a VS Stato, Series III with Superchargered V6, and that was INSANE - We didnt want to see what the speed was at, just the ringing of OVERSPEED Noise ringing at 220kmph sold us

But word has it that the Series II VT started the LIMITER, I dont know if its true,

I do know that VS is Quicker, Chews less Juice and In my eyes an all round better car

Woggster

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I have had a VS V6 (one of my old ones) off the clock before, but that was at Bankstown Airport on a Public Holiday,

Can you still go to Bankstown Airport now?? I've been wanting to get my car onto an airport just to wind it out abit.
Are you allowed to do it @ Bankstown??

ORIXVywags

Max stunners on the train
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Acclaim,VR Acclaim,VS Ute,VS Berlina Wagon
Can you still go to Bankstown Airport now?? I've been wanting to get my car onto an airport just to wind it out abit.
Are you allowed to do it @ Bankstown??

Sorry Woggster, this was AGES ago, I highly doubt it,

I know that some people manage to get on there still, like Australian Top Gear style,

When we did it we were just out of School and working on the Sewer fix near Bankstown, thats how we got on there

SO MUCH FUN WHEN WE DID, now with all the laws and duck a$$ security that goes on, I really dont like your chances

VS304exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS BT1 5LTR ex police commisioners car
it still goes into 4th if you back off the accelerator and just cruise

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
best to only use it if you are towing or under high load situations like accelerating up steep hills and overtaking really. if u just leave it on its not good for the trans and ive heard of people burning out the solonoids and such. And u dont need it on all the time anyway, it doesnt do bugger all.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
best to only use it if you are towing or under high load situations like accelerating up steep hills and overtaking really. if u just leave it on its not good for the trans and ive heard of people burning out the solonoids and such. And u dont need it on all the time anyway, it doesnt do bugger all.

I have now been using it for overtaking and now and then for a quick take off at the lights...

The revs sit 500rpm more and it changes gears at 4500rpm. Sound of the exhaust changes a fair bit weirdly (least with my 2.5 inch catback system it does). When driving normally the car is much, much more touchy than it was before and definately seems to take off a fair bit faster. Sadly when I go back to Eco my car feels soo slow, ah well, all for the fuel saving.

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
My VR doesn't. I always switch to power to overtake as it goes down to 3rd.

Pretty sure the VR auto is a different gearbox to the VS so that would probably explain that.