Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECOTEC exhaust system recommnds

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Yeah I agree :) that's what you'll get for $1500 though.
I've spent $1499 and I still need twin cats plus a custom Y piece.

CuRt007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 3.8L
For a cheap, good sounding exhaust, I'd reccommend a 2.5" cat back with the front muffler cut out and replaced with a resonator, and straight pipe into a tip. Will drone a fair bit on an auto, but sounds amazing on a manual. Plenty of crackle when you back off the accelerator, however, it is quite loud. Could get it done for under $500 probably :)

ka1sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
What if you add in pacemaker extractors?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do a Manta cat back and a set of Wildcat extractors shipped for $680, easy enough to fit, no welding required. Comes with front straight through muffler and a rear resonator. Without the resonator $640. When you add extractors the drone reduces.

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
My VT Spac with Full Redback exhaust, Y-piece and extractors sounded similar to that berlina drive-by.

I spent 1300 inc. labour.. depends where you go, but mine sounded good and did its job.

But needed a tune.

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
first off all it depends on what you want....

i wanted the power gain and loudness...

i first of all started with a lukey read end... and it had a nice note, then i added wild cat extractors and a high flow metal cat... a good power gain and i like the exhaust note.....

hey there
Did you buy the twin muffler lukey???
Or this one??
HOLDEN VT-VY SEDAN 2&1/2 inch BOLT ON EXHAUST SYSTEM - eBay Exhaust Systems, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 08-Jul-10 21:55:16 AEST)

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
I've got pacemaker extractors on mine...where should i go from there?? all i really want is something that sounds pretty good, for cheap. Not too concerned about the power.