Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Ecotec re-build

Jake_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S11
lol doesnt look like he's touching the bottom end although that turbo could remove it from the engine for him... apparently raptors are soft on the bottom end (emphasis on the apparently) which is why i suggested it

you are completely right, didnt have any plans on touching the bottom end and the turbo takes to much time and money to make sure its not going to kill the engine.. good suggestion, cheers

Jake_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S11
good cam, about 11:1 compression, extractors with a twin 2.25 (2.5 too big) and a good custom tune should get you about 210kw at the flywheel. at the wheel figure will depend on alot of variables, i.e. diff ratio, auto or manual, wheel size. but in a worst case scenario of 25% (if your getting that rethink wheel size) the would mean about 165-170 at the rear treads

Well i have the extractors, exhaust and cats, 2.5 tho :/, well need diff gears 3.9:1, will be manual and 19's, 165-170 would be great :))

vtmomentum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6
Hi I just completed a ecotec rebuild and beware of the heads it took 10 pairs to find one good set they are known to crack between the ports

I'm still running my motor in but I can feel the difference already

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Man even on the stock bottom end you could run 8psi or so safely with a good tune and fuel system ect

is it really worth all the hassle of doing a turbo build to run 8psi... get a second hand raptor kit for cheap and put that on

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
keep and eye out on ebay for turbo kits, see some alright second hand ones go for a couple of grand with everything.