Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotech / Throttle body

maxbow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Yeah I got 1!

Try a guy with E-bay ID, nero 2340 he's from SA and they are generally around the $200 mark without exchange. His machine work is A1 and it is a 69mm job on the Ecotec. My VT definitely got a boost from it especially in the mid range, but fuel economy also deteriorated slightly. I've now added some other goodies (bolt-on) and it was a worthwhile addition. Only takes about 30 mins to install too!!. Hope this helps someone, cheers MAX.:driving: :flame:

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I know this is slightly off the topic, but its gonna save me starting a whole new thread :confused:

I wanna clean out the throttle body on my VXII ecotec. What do I need and what should I do? With almost 210,000k's on the clock I am sure it will be covered in crap :eek:

I could get a new and much bigger one but I don't have anything modified on the car so I don't think it would be worth it yet :cry:. Oh and yes, I did a search and found nothing for the VX. Only VS ecotec which I am told is different?

Can anyone help me? Some instuctions or tips much appreciated.

V

VtBerlina_3800

na its same just take it off by throttle bosy cleaner its bout 10 bucks spray it all and it should clean it all but with only 120,000k's wouldnt be any point

ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exectutive
DeanoVT said:
you could always order it from a place and have it mail delivered.
places like Starr Performance - VIC, APC(Australian Performance Center - WA) and D&T Performance - SA should have them. give em a call and see what they say and what they can do.

cheers - appreciate the feedback - will do.

ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exectutive
VtBerlina_3800 said:
i have one on my vt it is bored to 69mm i got it from a guy in melbourne. he sells them for $230 or $180 exchange. his number is 0405 215 336 just ask about them im pretty sure he posts.

Cheers - thanks for the feedback - I'll give him a call.

ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exectutive
VtBerlina_3800 said:
Oh and you get heaps better responce when u put your foot down the accelerator is alot touchier. in my car i have a hsv chip ss induction cold air intake and the bored throttle bosy and i dragged at vt 5.0ltr and beat him. so gives it a fair bit more power. you will definately feel it.

way to go - yeah I got the usual mods - ss induction cai - K&N - Hiclone - Pacemaker headers and redback exhaust - performance leads and plugs and TBS chip. I'm looking at putting a new throttle body on - thanks for the feedback.

ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exectutive
maxbow said:
Try a guy with E-bay ID, nero 2340 he's from SA and they are generally around the $200 mark without exchange. His machine work is A1 and it is a 69mm job on the Ecotec. My VT definitely got a boost from it especially in the mid range, but fuel economy also deteriorated slightly. I've now added some other goodies (bolt-on) and it was a worthwhile addition. Only takes about 30 mins to install too!!. Hope this helps someone, cheers MAX.:driving: :flame:

Cheers - thanks for the feedback - can't wait to put one on.

ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exectutive
VtBerlina_3800 said:
i have one on my vt it is bored to 69mm i got it from a guy in melbourne. he sells them for $230 or $180 exchange. his number is 0405 215 336 just ask about them im pretty sure he posts.

Thanks - are they brand new T-B's or second hand one's that have been bored?

ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exectutive
maxbow said:

Cheers - Are they new T-B's? or are they second hand ones that have been bored?

maxbow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
They are 2nd hand.

ecotec said:
Cheers - Are they new T-B's? or are they second hand ones that have been bored?
:yarr: Yes they are 2nd hand, but they are cleaned up so well that they look like new. Bead blasted by the look of them. He has manufactured a brand new butterfly for the larger space and the fit is A1. Cheers Max.