Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU problem

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
Hi all just wondering if an ECU can hold memory even after the problem is fixed?

djvass

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS BT1 SS 5ltr original
If it is not disconnected for long enough then yes it will hold the same fault codes.

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
i have had my batt. disconnected for 10 to 15 minutes and is still there with same code
thanks for reply.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
10 to 15 minutes is more than enough time to reset the codes. What's the code number?

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
PCM is telling me code 81.
which is shift solenoid 2-3
I don't really wanna drop the pan as i have only just rebuilt the trans, (painstakingly lol) piece by piece
because it was totally stuffed from the 1st day i got it. Drove it home parked it in the drive and that where it stayed for the last 12mths.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
is it still shifting ok?

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
Yeah shifting fine took it for a spin around the block but light was on beforehand
came on when i started the car.

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
yeah shifts fine took it for a spin around the block but the light came on when i started the car.

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
ok now i have fixed the problem the soloniods was the problem even though you buy the new soloniods they can always stuff up i took it for another drive and it didnt shift stayed in third as if it was stuck in limp mode so i dropped the pan bought another soloniod put that in cleaned all the electrical on the valve body with electrical spray cleaner then put the pan back on then cleaned the plug male end and female end with that cleaner went to the computer cleaned that as well just to be on the safe side while it was still in the air. reconnect the batt then started the car put in (D) let it run for a bit then turned it off bridged the two to see if the code would pop up but no there was none so the hole time the soloniod was not functioning properly dropped it on the ground went for a run to see if the gears are there and there was so it now is all good but now abs light has too be sorted out. cheers for all replys its been a great help hope there is someone who has this problem.