Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] EF foulcan not running on petrol.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Does the fuel pump on that system still run when its running on gas? If it hasn't been running for a while 1 of the injectors may be leaking does it hold fuel pressure after its shut off, I worked on a nissan the other day that had a dead fuel pump the fuel pressure reg was also rooted after the new pump went in fuel was pissing from the reg. I lot of efi systems still run the fuel pump even thou its running on gas to keep the injectors and fuel pressure reg cool . Its a lot cheaper to buy a new fuel pump than injectors or fuel pressure regs in the case of the nissan the fuel pressure reg was over $400. I tried to watch your vid but didn't like the music and couldn't tell sfa.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Does the fuel pump on that system still run when its running on gas? If it hasn't been running for a while 1 of the injectors may be leaking does it hold fuel pressure after its shut off, I worked on a nissan the other day that had a dead fuel pump the fuel pressure reg was also rooted after the new pump went in fuel was pissing from the reg. I lot of efi systems still run the fuel pump even thou its running on gas to keep the injectors and fuel pressure reg cool . Its a lot cheaper to buy a new fuel pump than injectors or fuel pressure regs in the case of the nissan the fuel pressure reg was over $400. I tried to watch your vid but didn't like the music and couldn't tell sfa.

Hey mate, that "music" you are hearing is the car running on petrol

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
It's a bit late but thought I'd let everyone know that it was missing the 12V Line Off the gas lock Off so it was trying to run On both fuels,so I added the wire for 12V from gas and all is good now, other than occasional stalling on change overs, and poor idle on gas, maybe is the stepper motor on the vapour Line to the throttle body, could I be close?

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I always read 'P-Plater' threads. I never know what sort of unfathomable antics I'll find.

Do we have a special award for reverse perverse persevering ?