Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electric super chargers

eelhunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs executive 5litre
electric supercharger

bloody waste of money i brought 1, a bloody here dryer or sumthing can blow faster then that thing does.will probly work better on a really small engine.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
aw man, why'd you have to bring up an old thread >=/

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the problem I see is that you are using the cars existing energy (stored in the battery) to create more energy, I can't see it working.

My mate wants to get one of these, I know he browses these forums so I will just go ahead and say it, he's a twit when it comes to these things sometimes, I tried explaining to him you would be better off standing in front of the car and blowing down the air intake, or putting a computer cooling fan in there, but he is still convinced this is a good setup.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
my air compressor tank is capable of 150psi, maybe i should carry it in the boot and pipe it into the intake.

OPEN VALVE=40PSI boost!!!

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
would offer a better gain then these things :p

in all honesty I wish they did work, i'd love to whack one on the car and get great gains, but we all know it isn't going to happen, i'll let my mate buy one then tell you all how crud it is,

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
they are $99 on ebay,
Its almost tempting to buy one for my paddock basher Magna, It was registered till i smashed the windows etc etc etc. Engine is good with 90,000kms on it. But its recent k's have been bad ones. Maybe an electric charger on that would work HAHAHA

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
i've noticed them being advertised in street commodores:p

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
Im gonna rip out my turbo and throw one of these in!

Maybe they should have a deal? Buy one of these and get an ebay super fast turbo chip aswell?

****tards

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
yeah who in their right mind who spend big $$$ on turbochargers or superchargers when you can have 2 80mm pc fans creating a 'faint breeze' as i once read to massively increase your cars power...

HOWEVER there is one type of electric supercharger that does work. these are the ones that have like 3 huge batteries of their own, and the s/c only engages on full throttle creating good boost for about 15 seconds. still don't see the point though...