Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

embarrasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
um did you knwo when you press breck and accl same time it locks up trans and ya get a crap launch so doing this is actually bad

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
well in my dads car I tried it went better. Maybe you need to check your car. Tried with three other mates cars and works first time everytime!!!
Maybe you are not doing it right. But you need to turn esp off and trac off.

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
um did you knwo when you press breck and accl same time it locks up trans and ya get a crap launch so doing this is actually bad

No it doesnt, it loads up the torque converter / gearbox with revs, then when you jump off the brake it launches.

Doesn't work in my VQ though :( It just loses traction about 2 seconds after i touch the throttle.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
oh me bad only newer cars lock torque converter up
old cars are fine

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Bloody hell, members flaming other members for owning a Holden, grow up dude.

As for the dude getting eaten by a Mazda 3, my VN V6 would of eaten that thing. I say next time make sure you have your revs right, and get your car to launch off the line. That's shocking.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
oh me bad only newer cars lock torque converter up
old cars are fine

must have something to do with the anti abuse crap thats in them

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
Try this.... while in the brake lightly depress the acclr pedal (Not too much) when the light go green slam on the pedal then quickly let go of the brake at the same time. (cheating... I know) But better than being embarrassed.

Preloading the VZ doesn't work. I'm lead to believe that the new software in cooperation with the drive by wire throttle is used for torque limiting to stop abuse of drive train components.

Preloading works well in VT, VX and earlier autos but only to certain extent. There is a point where the converter will cavitate (if thats the right way to describe it.) and lose alot of effectivness.

As to torque converter lock, this only happens in third and fourth gear, and is designed to save fuel.

Jezz

tysonsvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute m6
it could have been a mazda 3 mps, they are fast. (very similar engine as mazda 6 mps but front wheel drive not all wheel drive)

my old man has a mazda 6 mps and it beats my vy ss m6.

so dont be embarressed if it was an mps sports version

Status
Not open for further replies.