Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Empire performance exhausts

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Mate would love that.

V6 Ecotec, street 3 into 1 - specifically these - VT VX VU VY V6 Holden Commodore 3 8LTR Stainless Steel Extractors Headers NEW | eBay

These are 2mm wall 305 ss with 1 5/8" primaries and 2.5" collectors. Going to run ballistic 100 cell cats, not sure whether 2.5" will do, considering 3" but dont want to reduce gas speed, to 2.5" twin system with merge pipee from sureflo - Sureflo Exhaust

Thesze are the parts from sureflo - and prices if anyone cares.

The ballistic cats are $170 each for the 4” body
The merge pipe is $75 in stainless
The inline offset stainless mufflers are $220 each
The 8” round twin stainless muffler is $280 and you only need one of them.

Freight would be $45

The ebay extractors sound cheap and look good.
Just make sure they are not 1.0 – 1.2mm thick.
They really need to be 1.5mm thick stainless, otherwise they will crack or warp

The system is currently a slightly modified ecotec running a raptor water cooled Supercharger, with billett race spec billet impeller, water meth injection and high ratio rockers (1.95). LS1 maf and a complete retune on 40lB injectors.

Current exhaust is 1 3/8" primarys, into single 2.5" system with no name sports exhaust and resonator.

Current dyno results on a 37 degree day are 328RWHP, 208kW, with just shy of 12kNM tractive effort, through a 4L60E and 8" HSV LSD with 3.7 gears. I think the dyno sheet is in my profile.

My best guess is that I'm actually substantially restricted by the current exhaust - it has some 90 degree non mandrel bends and a single 3" 100 cell cat. I could see as much as 30rwhp shifting to a better system.

Also note this - there is a new engine coming (eventually) with ZZP heads, oversize valves and a port job, converted to 80lB injectors to run E85 with a target RWHP of 400+. I'd like the system to handle that as well, even if it's a bit too large for the current engine.

Cheers

Last edited:

AJS000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota GT86 (Previously VE SV6)
Hey
For $500 I can buy a 3" exhaust for my ss. By the brand of empire performance. I haven't heard of this brand and usually cheap means ****.. You get what you pay for.. But the specs sound pretty good! 3" mandrel bent, tig welded 304 grade stainless steel.
Has any one heard of this brand, any one had experience with it or just know what it's like
Cheers

I know this is a 6 year old thread now but I've got Empire extractors and Cats on my SV6.
To a 2.5" mild steel Xforce Catback. No issues at all with the extractors or cats so far. Other than O2 sensor placement was a bit snug & the bolts for the cat flanges are a bit rusty now after about 2 years