Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Fault Codes P0018 & P0009

Rooster One

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2006 Series 1
Hi Guys hopefully someone can help me these 2 x faults P0018 (Crankshaft Position, Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 2 Sensor A) & P0009 (Engine Position System, Performance Bank 2keep coming up on my 2006 Omega after a top end rebuild inc new timing chains. Any advice on how do i fix this not being a mechanic just a home tinkerer with a small amount of experience? Cheers Rod

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
You could try moving the cam position sensor from bank 2 (passenger side) to the driver side and see if the fault then follows the sensor otherwise it sounds like the timing chain is the culprit.

Who did the timing chain previously?

Rooster One

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2006 Series 1
You could try moving the cam position sensor from bank 2 (passenger side) to the driver side and see if the fault then follows the sensor otherwise it sounds like the timing chain is the culprit.

Who did the timing chain previously?
Thanks Syked I’ll try that and see what happens. The new timing chains (non GM) I bought from mace engineering and were fitted by a qualified mechanic I’ve done the rest of the rebuild so I hope they are not the issue. Cheers