Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine light

bob92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
iHi guys
need some insight on something, had an engine light appear on my 2002 vx ss and its running rich, scanned it and it was an O2 sensor code..just one bank, got some new sensors online(yes..online my bad, never buy sensors online!) then both bank sensor codes appear and the light is on constantly. so i get some genuine sensors from a friend at a holden dealer and fitted them after work and left battery off for 5 mins to reset fuel paras and clear codes today. on the way home(takes 15 mins to drive home) the last corner before i got home it came on again. i pulled into the driveway and kicked it in the guts a few times(5 or 6) up to about 3-4grand and the light went off, turned it off for half hour, drove it again..took awhile to come back on about 10-15 mins, did the same thing(rev it up to 3-4grand a few times) and it went out, drove around a bit more and it came on for a few mins then went off by itself.

Vehicle history since iv owned it:
Recently i had the heads off and replaced the lifters, also replaced gaskets + seals including new injector seals
New coolant temp sensor, IAC valve, fuel pump and filter, crank sensor
spark plugs aren't very old..although 1 plug hole on each bank the plug dosn't get "tight" but goes in all the way.
I had an issue with the engine cutting out and not starting also lost all electronics ie windows, door locks, OBD connector, immobilizer, Thermo fans. it was Water coming up through the wheel arch and causing corrosion in the driver side harness at the firewall to the ,BCM and OBD connector and across the back of the engine to the PCM.

Any ideas on what direction to head down?

Last edited:
D

devilly

sounds to me like a loose wire somewhere and when you rev it the engine moves and reconnects it,i would start at battery terminals, and all wires going to it give them a little wiggle and see if any come out or are loose,then follow all the earth leads and make sure earthed properly,then the powered wires.have you changed the fuel filter ?

bob92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
yea changed the fuel filter its only about 6 months old, ill change it for good measure, gonna put a higher octane fuel in it also.
as stated above i had a massive wiring issue with the engine, i think ill have a look at some of the wires again, it was pretty bad.