Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine seized?

vycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais sv6
hi guys...
I was driving my car out of macca's drive through this morning and forgot that the road surfice was a bit uneven, and i gave it a bit, got to around 50km/hr and hit a bit of a bump.
I thought the car would be ok so i kept driving and after about 4 km's I got onto the freeway which is when i started hearing a clicking/clunking so of a noice, a few seconds later i pulled over and then it cut out.
I discovered a crack in my sump and oil was coming out.
anyways i got it towed back home and i was told to try starting it which i did and it did start, it just made that noice again :(

Do you guys think its seized?

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
MMM not seized, but damage done, going to be engine out I think. You can certainly try salvaging some of the old oil and looking at it under a microscope to ascertain what sort of damage, even send a sample to a lab- but its not sounding good.

What did you hit?

vycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais sv6
i just hit sort of a bump in the road, where the road sort of dips down, i forgot it was there :(

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i just hit sort of a bump in the road, where the road sort of dips down, i forgot it was there :(

Does not sound good, best to pull it out, strip it down and assess the damage. take photo's before hand also. I would also take photo's of the road.

it could be possible to make a claim against the council etc

vycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais sv6
its going to a machanic next friday so we'll see then, here's hoping the damage isnt too bad...

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
damn thats gonna be an expensive leson to pull over next time u hit somehting :)

hope its not to bad

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Good call about the council- keep a diary. See what you can do about it

vycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais sv6
i doubt i could claim against the council since it was in a parking lot and you should only go like 20 so I doubt id have a case

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Even better- maccas parking lot i assume? Find out all about it, because you may even find the bump isnt to Australian Standards/ BCA for traffic areas.

vycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais sv6
yeah but wouldnt the fact that i was speeding matter?