Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine temp is on red but it's not over heating

Stat01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 wk statesman
hi I own a 2003 wk statesman Duel fuel

I just changed the oil and the oil filter I used the correct oil that was advised for a fuel fuel car.

And my engine temp gauge sits normal than after about 5 mins of driving it goes all the way up then back down and keeps moving up and down.
The car isn't over heating, and I'm not sure what's making it fluctuate like this ? Cause I only did a simply oil change? I'm not sure but I thinks there's air trapped inside somewhere ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Might be just coincidence that your thermostat has packed it in.

Stat01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 wk statesman
Hi the aircon works fine, the heater runs hot but sometimes blows out Luke warm air.

Is this a sign of a fault thermo stat?

Which could also be the reason why I'm getting a faulty reading on the engine temp?

I'm also getting a really rough idle now not sure if it is related to the thermo stat

Damothedevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh 2002 statesman v6 supercharged.
hi I own a 2003 wk statesman Duel fuel

I just changed the oil and the oil filter I used the correct oil that was advised for a fuel fuel car.

And my engine temp gauge sits normal than after about 5 mins of driving it goes all the way up then back down and keeps moving up and down.
The car isn't over heating, and I'm not sure what's making it fluctuate like this ? Cause I only did a simply oil change? I'm not sure but I thinks there's air trapped inside somewhere ?
My wh supercharged did the same thing, i found that it wasn't bled correctly, sc modles have 3 bleeders on them and takes a while to do properly. So was thinking it could be an air bubble caught in system, if you have bleeders try cracking them, then let car get to temp see if any air comes out, then top up radiator.

Stat01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 wk statesman
Yeah there is enough coolent

The temp only rises when I'm stopped in traffic and idling

I don't think the radiator fan is busted

There might be air stuck in the engine some where but my car should automatically bleed the system

So I'm not sure what to do now

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
try bleeding it, remember to turn the heater on whilst doing it.

there are some helpful posts in here