Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engineering certificate for brake upgrade from SS to Brembo brakes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Following numbers are from my MSE brake booster:

9250 7128
2440000000000X
7117187X6014X199

My MSE ABS has the following numbers:

9227 8785
Y2459800000000X

Yeah...
The booster is the same as 2 other ones that people posted...
Diferent part no. to mine...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah... The booster is the same as 2 other ones that people posted... Diferent part no. to mine...
Yeah, seems MSE has same as other brembo packaged SSV-R. I’d guess Lowndes edition is also same.

Curious, did the engineer considered the software side in your brief discussion? What about backing plate?

Don’t be discouraged just yet, you simply need some more answers. Your engineer may be willing sign it off without full change of all the bits as an engineered mod though I have no idea of costs involved these days.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
I run Harrops four piston on my VF2 SSV Ute, has the oem smaller master/booster. Brakes/pedal feel is beautiful
pulls up 60% better than the oem did. The Harrop pistons are larger than the Brembo kit.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yeah, seems MSE has same as other brembo packaged SSV-R. I’d guess Lowndes edition is also same.

Curious, did the engineer considered the software side in your brief discussion? What about backing plate?

Don’t be discouraged just yet, you simply need some more answers. Your engineer may be willing sign it off without full change of all the bits as an engineered mod though I have no idea of costs involved these days.
No mention of software calibration...
The backing plate would need to be swapped over ideally...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Brake boosters are only $150 on ebay. I wonder how much they go for brand new. Are they hard to replace ?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Brake boosters are only $150 on ebay. I wonder how much they go for brand new. Are they hard to replace ?
I haven't done one on a VF. I have on a few other cars though. Piece if piss really.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
MY17 Redline Sedan. Just remember that the esc/abs calibrations (software side of it) are different as Redline has A) brembo's B) 275mm rear tyres & C) competition mode.

View attachment 199102
View attachment 199104

Comp mode had more to do with traction control and steering i though. I think it would not be likely that there would be different abs calibration between models.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Rms advice :

I have searched through the Road Vehicle Descriptor sheets online for your vehicle, there is no sheet that shows

the Holden Commodore SS black edition and the Redline as optional variants, although covered under the same

compliance approval my advice is to work with your chosen licenced certifier to prove compliance with the applicable

Australian Design Rules as well as Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 in the link pasted below for your convenience.

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

I have also pasted section LG for braking for you to refer to with your licenced certifier

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehic...iles/NCOP5_Section_LG_Brakes_V2_01Jan2011.pdf

and also Vehicle Standards Information 6 Light Vehicle Modifications.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents...ndards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf

alternatively you can contact Holden Australia’s head office and talk with their homologation engineer and

obtain a letter of compliance to state your vehicle complies with the Redline variant braking system you wish to fit.

regards

Technical Enquiries Officer

Compliance & Regulatory Services
T 1300137302 F8837-0037
www.rms.nsw.gov.au
Every journey matters

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
LG section is particularly helpful

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
****. All this to change from one ADR approved brake package to another ADR approved brake package on a car that could have either package depending on what the original purchaser ticked on the spec sheet.....

This is bureaucracy gone mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.