Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Erik's 6L VZ SS

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Maybe extra labour on top of the other stuff?
Most places are what? $90 an hour now.

I've only heard good about difftechnics. If the gears he put in are no good. Then there's little chance they would've known. Unless they were visibly faulty.

Hopefully they are fixing it up for free now though.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Lol prop shaft is on a boat. That's a tailshaft. Well that explains the price.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Oh been hanging round boardies too long lol

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Update update update: got my diff gears done, went from 3.4.6 to 3.9. Pretty happy with the extra pull, but had to bring the car back two days later as the diff started whining A LOT. The same sound my old diff made before it crapped itself. Anyway the guy at Difftechnics is getting in new gears for the diff. Not happy seeing i forked out 2870 for the job. Anyone know why a diff starts whining? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't reconditioned diff gears meant to be like new?

Also these arrived today:

IMG_0879_zps3210a47f.jpg

So I guess I am going to be busy this weekend! Started already actually, and after 6 years the spark plug cables have been fried. Got about 3 of the 8 off intact. The others pretty much disintegrated. Hope I can get them at SuperCheap Auto tomorrow. Hope the spark plugs are ok.

Can't wait to get the job done!!

i bet ya cant wait to get them extractors on aye, i did Nics for him just take ya time and dont rush it and you'll be fine aye...... Took me a good 4 hours to do them aye

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
i bet ya cant wait to get them extractors on aye, i did Nics for him just take ya time and dont rush it and you'll be fine aye...... Took me a good 4 hours to do them aye

Yeah took longer than that for me. Turns out that the 6 litre engines have a different exhaust set up so I had to make a home made oxy sensor loom. I used high heat resistant wire but I want to get this changed. Also had to unbolt the steering rack and drop it down to have enough room to get these bad boys in.

But wow!!!! The power difference!!!! Loose traction on just a little squirt :)

Had the battery out for a few hours and now I have the SRS warning come on every time I start up. Anyone know why and how to get rid of it???

Also I am selling my 3" stainless steel X Force cat back soon. With the extractors it is too loud. Am thinking going with a 2.5" Manta -- Jesterarts has one and says it is great. Without extractors and hi flow cats the 3" X Force sounds tough as. Still does but too loud now.

Also gotta say a massive thank you to SouthWest Pacific exhaust for the headers, cats and advice!!!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Yeah took longer than that for me. Turns out that the 6 litre engines have a different exhaust set up so I had to make a home made oxy sensor loom. I used high heat resistant wire but I want to get this changed.
You can get extension harnesses off eBay - that's what I did. Don't bother with the rear sensors though as usually they're turned off in a tune anyway.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
You can get extension harnesses off eBay - that's what I did. Don't bother with the rear sensors though as usually they're turned off in a tune anyway.

Thanks mate will definitely be doing that

Liam_92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VL 5lt Track Car
Hey mate nice ride you got there. Love the colour, and we all know red cars go faster ;) Can't wait to hear a video of your new extractors bet it sounds mint!!

Mz ENV11T

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ 2006
derrro:2047956 said:
THIS is sexy:
Small0003.jpg

Just got my fiance a new car, vx ss in hyper yellow and the seats are so nice, exactly like this but obviously in yellow =] worth it

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Have a L76 engine.

Sheared off the front right exhaust manifold bolt at block level. Bad. But not as bad as now:

Tried drilling it out and because of the angle, drilled into the coolant gallery. Result: coolant is pissing out of the drill hole in the bolt stuck in the cylinder head.

Exhaust is steamy. Coolant's getting in.

Can stuff get worse???? Anyone got any suggestions? I know that the cylinder head is a pretty technical thing to talk about. Thought I'd give it a shot.

Sorry for the bad news