Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EVs - What are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
The big question is will BYD be able to get Australian compliance for their vehicles? Australians are big adopters of tech but the cost benefit analysis has to pay off for people to switch over. If BYD have a cost competitive option that can get Australian compliance I’m sure they will go far but it’s probably a fair way from achieving that.

The economics are currently horrendous here in Australia. At the moment the cheapest Tesla on Carsales is $58,000 (comparable performance wise to my V8). I would have to drive my SSV (at 12.5ltrs/100kms) another 300,000kms just to make the economics of saving fuel add up, and that’s assuming I can charge the car for free using solar at home!
BYD EAN a reasonable quick car and a reasonably priced car at maybe even35 k drive away...is going to sell .. supply is the only problem. BYD will get compliance . .. a walk in the park . Yes it's a corolla size car, I'm telling you it's a big player now,, in making semiconductors and iron phosphate batteries that Tesla want too. It's THE company to watch . While Ford, GM, BMW are sinking BYD are going ahead.. GM are heard to be being only interested in trying to take BYD out, rather than making a EV that is any good. BYD won't enter the US market.. they will be hurt as GM will fight them BYD don't care.. supply is
their problem for 12 months.. they are coming to Australia. Warren Buffet has put billions into BYD . Toyota is lost, Renault is struggling abd the big money is in BYD and maybe Others there too . THIS IS ME ENGAGING.. MY THREAD SOUGHT ENGAGEMENT. YOU KNOW ALREADY I LOVE ICE , I HAVE MY GOLDILOCKS 4 CYL PETROL TURBO .. YOU KNOW THAT SO ITS NOT AT ALL IS IT THAT TEZZA IS ANTI ICE IS IT ? NO NOT AT ALL

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I don't support the CCP , I support a business that has an excellent product. Like my Car, if it drives very well etc and reviews are very good , I'll consider buying the BYD EAN. If after the delay, the price is still excellent value , ditto.
Whatever I am , I'm no conspiracy theorist, I certainly don't think BYD is owned by the CCP or similar.
In fact I'm totally against the CCP for not accepting the 2016 UNLOS decision of the Hague to ownership issues in the South China Sea.
I'm annoyed, sure, I threw up a topic abd its clear, the responses I got were were just agro EV . That's a fact . I am genuinely interested in what decisions people would make and got a tirade. I hit back , and I always will when " it's about Terry ".I'd I got a semblance of reason and EV info from you and others, of course I'd listen. It was all anti EV, that's not what friends tell me . I won't pay 85 k , but I might pay 35-40 ish . Many people I know like the discussion and tell.me they'd spend 40.k esp if they have a 5 yr old car or similar.

FFS....you ask a bunch of V8 drivers what they think of EVs.

Would do you honestly think most would say ?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Lol.....it's not "your" thread.

#publicforum
I created it, so what are you on about , that's a false statement , my thread says" EV what are going to do" Please don't defend what you said ..just acknowledge.. that
Explains a lot.

That's meaningless nonsense.. I love ICE cars .. I have one I adore .. I am open minded .. that s a reason for me engaging about the alternative.. oh the penny has dropped .. and BTW I'm zero tolerance about drugs and I have one offence in my life and it was a traffic issue . I was 18 on Ps and got nabbed for speeding on beach road mordiallic in my noisy FJ with a three speed floor shift and a quarter cam .. lost the P for 3 months .. yehh and about 3_ 4 camera ones. nothing though for 8 or 9 years or more .. even though the ZB is very eager if I want it to be

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I created it, so what are you on about , that's a false statement , my thread says" EV what are going to do" Please don't defend what you said ..just acknowledge.. that

That's meaningless nonsense.. I love ICE cars .. I have one I adore .. I am open minded .. that s a reason for me engaging about the alternative.. oh the penny has dropped .. and BTW I'm zero tolerance about drugs and I have one offence in my life and it was a traffic issue . I was 18 on Ps and got nabbed for speeding on beach road mordiallic in my noisy FJ with a three speed floor shift and a quarter cam .. lost the P for 3 months .. yehh and about 3_ 4 camera ones. nothing though for 8 or 9 years or more .. even though the ZB is very eager if I want it to be
I really don’t know why some people bother! You could see the sh t fight coming a mile off!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Tezza's ZB, I just logged in to see a bunch of notifications, so slowly going through them at my leisure. You should understand by it’s very nature, forums are not real time, unlike sitting in a pub having a chat and a drink with people…

As is, I don’t have any animosity towards you. You should realise how forums work where someone can make a comment and they may not get a response for a while. Heck, even on farcebook you don’t always get meaningful replies in real time (or so I’m told as I don’t use those platforms) :p

So shouting that you want to engage isn’t needed nor is it good forum etiquette. IMO it’s rude. Really, I’m not sure what your problem is… maybe lockdown is taking its toll (as it has for many, including me)…

As for this thread, I was going to respond along the lines that you shouldn’t conflate Buffet‘s investments (driven by his desire to earn more money) with a desire to protect the environment. I was also going to say I like EV’s for may reasons which have nothing to do with the environment but I wont bother “engaging” further.

I think I’ll go for a nice walk out in the sun instead… I need some exercise after all :cool:

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
No thank you to more short-lived Chinese rubbish ending up in our landfills within 5 years.
Ooh, steady on old boy! I had a 2012 Great Wall X200! Still going now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.