Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust and LS1 edit questions

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
ive been told crewmans are having trouble with mafless tunes dont no if this is right but they also said if it is tuned properly there is not much difference between a maf and mafless tune maybe a couple of kws which is not noticeable due to the heavy weight of the v8 commodores

well thats very interesting....considering ive never ever heard about this happening. Obviously the company you had carry out the tune, doesnt know how to do mafless, and obviously dont know what they are doing, as they are still using ss reductions components.

Obviously your still running the standard vy maf, there is more to a tune than WOT, for example throttle response, fuel consumption, transmission shift points, midrange torque and power etc etc......Maybe "Minux" would like to comment.

The company who did the tune, have pulled the sheets well and truly over your eyes, and unfortunatly u as a customer have been taken for a ride.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
LOL, for those mods you are making f all power. A real tune will return you power, fuel economy, nicer feeling auto etc.

The weight of your car will not affect how much power your engine makes lol. 209 rwkw is very very low...considering you had zorst done heh. I suggest you see a new tuner.

Brad above does a great job!!

korny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss crewman
how much power should i have gained with a maf tune? it came in at 187rwkw and after the tune got 209rwkw, fuel is about 11.8l per 100ks i was happy with that it does feel alot smoother aswell. i know the weight doesnt effect engine performance but if its only an extra few kws u wouldnt feel it on the road because of the wait, i wasnt told this by the tuner it was on another web site bout holden performance, the tuner didnt really tell me much he just tuned it and said it was an ok out come for a crewman which is only 225fwkw standard. im not to sure though im a plumber not a mechanic

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
how much power should i have gained with a maf tune? it came in at 187rwkw and after the tune got 209rwkw, fuel is about 11.8l per 100ks i was happy with that it does feel alot smoother aswell. i know the weight doesnt effect engine performance but if its only an extra few kws u wouldnt feel it on the road because of the wait, i wasnt told this by the tuner it was on another web site bout holden performance, the tuner didnt really tell me much he just tuned it and said it was an ok out come for a crewman which is only 225fwkw standard. im not to sure though im a plumber not a mechanic

Most guys make 220-230 with exhaust and tune. Can i ask where it was tuned?

korny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss crewman
220 or 230 spewin ah, i missing a bit then, i got it done at a place called dart auto motive, it was the only place i knew that done it theres no where around my area that does it and it seemed like the closest place to take it. i think there suppose to be pretty good ive heard good reports about them, it wouldnt have anything to do with being a crewman would it?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
220 or 230 spewin ah, i missing a bit then, i got it done at a place called dart auto motive, it was the only place i knew that done it theres no where around my area that does it and it seemed like the closest place to take it. i think there suppose to be pretty good ive heard good reports about them, it wouldnt have anything to do with being a crewman would it?

they all have the same identical engine and driveline basically.

nothing to do with the crewman at all.

here is a link ive got a special running at the moment. Minux has got one, as many others have around Australia over 4 different forums i sponsor.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/enhanced-automotive/63638-375-mailorder-tune-special.html

I offer a money back return if u dont like the tune, bar freight, i guarentee u thou, its a huge difference of what u have already without even driving or seeing your vehicle run on the dyno. And still to this day ive never had to refund a tune.

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Hi Mate,

Just bought my VY SS last week Mods so far are..

Yellar Tella Intake pipe (4inch)
Standard airbox mod (I made another hole, but ive been told to cut all the way around)
K/N filter
Shift kit (Auto when i first bought the car Holden thought there was something wrong with the car lol, First to second it was like mayjor wiplash so they turned the line pressure down)
2 half inch Super cat exhaust (Cat back)
Pacemaker extractors (Havent got them yet)
Car has done 127,000 kms

Car has got 3 year warrenty so was hoping you have mail order maf tune

With those mods what sort of power would i be looking at?

Cheers
Luke

Dalton231

Milk comes in 2 litres.
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT2 Senator Signature 5.7ltr
Hey guys, I currently brought a hsv vt2 senator with a ls1, wondering what brands are good ??

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Another newbie with a 4 year thread dig