Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust cut outs

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
guess that depends where you add the cutouts.
ive seen vids in the US where they would cutout not much past where the cats would be, and ive seen some in Aus where they fit quite nicely right at the rear muffler (was that someone on here?). but i think the common point is usually around the rear diff.
Going to be fitted right after the cats, before the resonators. Just hoping there isn't any issues wiring them up.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
guess that depends where you add the cutouts.
ive seen vids in the US where they would cutout not much past where the cats would be, and ive seen some in Aus where they fit quite nicely right at the rear muffler (was that someone on here?). but i think the common point is usually around the rear diff.
Plumbed in anywhere under the car can potentially cause exhast entering the cabin. And if @panhead's experianse with his engineer failing his drop pipes on his torana, such cuttouts would be illegal every day of the week.

It's vanity at it's worst when there are other alternatives.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes I have seen them. My next door neighbour has a Mustang and when he had a Extractors and Exhaust done they also fitted one or maybe two (On each bank) of these cuts outs and they are in the middle of the car and not plumbed at all also they are after the first set of mufflers not after the cats so by this they are not as loud. Having them after the Cats will sound shi.t house, sound like a standard V8 at the drags with the Extractors disconnected.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Plumbed in anywhere under the car can potentially cause exhast entering the cabin. And if @panhead's experianse with his engineer failing his drop pipes on his torana, such cuttouts would be illegal every day of the week.

It's vanity at it's worst when there are other alternatives.
I used to disconnect my pipes ar the drags and fit a 18 inch extension to the back of the headers it was a pain to do

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
im pretty certain any cutouts would be illegal, regardless of where they sit
I don't think they are illegal in nz to have them fitted only illegal to use them on the street ( excessive noise)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition