Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust opinions for vlfury

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
although i know people out here in the bush who have no muffler, just straight through 3" plus from the extractors back. They look like down pipe off a house some of them, you could fit your arm up them. Bush cops can be a little more lenient though. They are cattle friggers (cowboys) though and dont care if they did get caught.

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
lol.....

and city cops do what? check every car that drives past? are constantly checking cars to see if there cat's are stripped.... that was a pretty lame call!!

city cops and country cops are the same..... country maybe more lenient whilst city cops dont have much time to be checkin cat's if there stripped....

so i have tottally farked up as i should have pulled the resenator off!!

farkin hell.....

i will go ripp off the resenator and put a straight pipe there......

if its still tingy i will get another cat n hopefully it isnt tooooooooooo loud!

id need be another exhaust will be put back on and it wil be a hole lot of wasting my time =)

cheears!

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
I've got a 2.5 exhaust with extractors...and when it starts up it idles with a fairly loud deep rumble. 2 other mates own vls one doesn't have extractors, idles with hardly ne noise just a 10month old exhaust. The other idles roughly the same and has extactors, but when he puts his foot down i can hear it over my subwoofer. You'll also find that every engine will have a fairly unique sound when it comes to exhaust.

What sort of performance does a vl have with an exhaust, because my extractors are over 6 years old, and the vl with the 10month exhaust can beat my car...

On a line start race it will beat me off the line, as well as the majority of other vl's in town. But when my car gets goin it starts to haul ass...both going bout 100kmp/h i was behind bout 50m, put my foot down and she caught up he seen me doin this (creepin up, from behind) and he did the same, but my car got out in front then his started creeping up like very slowly but mine kinda just died and did not go any faster (160kmp/h).

Im sure every1 has exceeded this speed limit in their vl...could the exhaust have nething to do with this or is there something else that is making my car a slug?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
stock_vl said:
lol.....

and city cops do what? check every car that drives past? are constantly checking cars to see if there cat's are stripped.... that was a pretty lame call!!

city cops and country cops are the same..... country maybe more lenient whilst city cops dont have much time to be checkin cat's if there stripped....

so i have tottally farked up as i should have pulled the resenator off!!

farkin hell.....

i will go ripp off the resenator and put a straight pipe there......

if its still tingy i will get another cat n hopefully it isnt tooooooooooo loud!

id need be another exhaust will be put back on and it wil be a hole lot of wasting my time =)

cheears!

no, i was just saying that if a city cop heard one of these cattle friggers go past they'd be stopped straight away, whereas bush cops let them go. believe me you can hear them coming, extractors with straight through down pipe off a house, they're pretty f@%#ing loud. **** sound though, but loud.

M

megee83

ive got pacemaker extractors, hi-flow cat and 2 1/2 lukey for the rest, got the whole lot spankin new installed for a grand flat cash. sounds damn fine an the power increase was pretty good to.in fact i thinkin bout quietin it down a little bit, love it but its still more bark then bite atm... id go for a hi-flow cat instead of the straight thru, thats jus me though, my ma's a pot smokin tree hugger so mayb some of that rubbed off on me, dunno...
The only advice id give to anyone doin their exhuast is do it once an do it right, save a few hundred bucks an you could well end up with somethin that sounds/performs like ****, then its gonna be too bad, so sad...waah, wish i wasnt a cheapskate/saved a bit longer etc...
also dont get some monster system thinkin bigger is better, unless you need it. i see some bigguns out there an they jus sounds like **** guys, honestly...

Last edited by a moderator: