Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust set up for cammed ss ute

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Just an update here. KPM are working on a new rear muffler setup to iron out the flutter problems they're having with their 2.5" SLC systems. I spoke to them today and they're expected to be ready for shipping by the end of january. Only problem is, you'll be forking out at least $400 per muffler!
Undecided what to do here, especially after talking to Darren Difilippo today about their systems.

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
i can remember when vcm found they had an issue with there new otr and sent out a replacement otr free of charge to the affected buyers , wouldnt it be nice if kpm did the same thing even on an exchange basis ........................ not holding my breath .
what did darren have to say , i sent gm motorsport an enquirey as they deal with diffillipo , mentioning the issue im having with my 2.5" and that i didnt want to go to a 3" and they said there was some new designs coming out in the future and to hold off buying anything for the moment .

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
i can remember when vcm found they had an issue with there new otr and sent out a replacement otr free of charge to the affected buyers , wouldnt it be nice if kpm did the same thing even on an exchange basis ........................ not holding my breath .
what did darren have to say , i sent gm motorsport an enquirey as they deal with diffillipo , mentioning the issue im having with my 2.5" and that i didnt want to go to a 3" and they said there was some new designs coming out in the future and to hold off buying anything for the moment .
Just that they're working on the new design to specifically iron out this problem and that they should be ready come the end of jan. $800 is alot of coin but i suppose it's still better than replacing the whole system. I did say that i'd be prepared to try them when they come out as long as i could return them if it didn't fix the issue i had, wouldn't hold my breath though.

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
i would reccomend you if you did go down this path to go to vcm as they are there selected victorian supplier and get them to fit them to the vehicle and if it doesnt fix the issue they can then remove them , as trying to get a refund out of kpm wouldnt happen .
they knew i was far from happy with my exhaust and it was brand new and there was no offer of a refund .... it was thats ok by our standards (sounds **** house) KPM NEVER AGAIN