Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Technology Adelaide exhaust opinions

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Hey I got ripped off by exhaust tech, i was stupid enough to take his word and paid $4400 for a full system and after huge chase up , calls , runaround , it turned up, in the end after a 4 1/2 drive to Perth to get it fitted, it wouldn't fit .
The shop fitted the pacemaker headers and everything else was a huge balls up as basically we tried everything possible but was so off and hitting everything , it would require huge fan work , refitting, rewelding and that was just the front section and we didn't even try fitting rear section so in the end the shop refitted my old system and wasted time, money, and the whole thing dealing with mark was a huge stressful affair, mark is a total lieing w@@ker..... I rung him over ten times , on the day the exhaust wouldn't fit and said he would cover cost to unfit and then refit my old exhaust.....upon ringing him after sending him a invoice he wouldn't answer his phone and respond to email.....c@@t
Kara though he is shut, didn't pay his bills, p@@ed off a lot of people and last I heard a full blown drunk or junkie Enough said.
I since sold the headers and the rear mufflers off, the rear mufflers were actually ones off eBay with a bimodal valve not custom ones as said would be

Now I'm looking a buying a full hurricane system....

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
The business must have gone down hill big time , seen a lot of posts from unhappy customers . When they were next to kpm i got one of the original systems this was in 2009 and couldn't fault the work and it had junbl rear mufflers , sounded great but cop bait once the cam was changed , kpm's new systems are imported and pretty much over priced x force systems , i mentioned that they were not made next door anymore on the ls1 forum and the owner got real shitty as he was still telling people exhaust technology was doing them . Had a defilippo system on a vx ss and it was great , probably should have stuck with a company i trusted as kpm pissed me off in the end when my new 2.5" system fluttered at idle and they seemed to think that was ok

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Heard the other day the business has gone under from excess debts, it's a shame because they used to be the go to exhaust shop in SA. But I've heard some bad reviews the last couple of years.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Anyone know roughly when they stopped producing for KPM? Just trying to find out if mines Aus or Chinese made.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
What drew me to exhaust tech was actually the photo of the VE exhaust on there website, which mark said was his Marko gold, further discussion I did tell him I was looking at a kpm system but he talked me out of it, saying they are inferior and made in china , looking back on it he basically conned me into his custom system that ended up a load of rubbish and nothing like the one on his website.
I find it hard to believe that exhaust technology even were infact fabricators of the earlier junbl systems, I'm guessing they were done overseas
It may have been a different outcome if I actually had the car in his shop, but FFS it took them over 5 months to make a cats back and the whole thing was rubbish, eBay mufflers with a butterfly bimodal valve welded in.
Enough said.
Anyone rate hurricane systems on cammed VE?

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
What drew me to exhaust tech was actually the photo of the VE exhaust on there website, which mark said was his Marko gold, further discussion I did tell him I was looking at a kpm system but he talked me out of it, saying they are inferior and made in china , looking back on it he basically conned me into his custom system that ended up a load of rubbish and nothing like the one on his website.
I find it hard to believe that exhaust technology even were infact fabricators of the earlier junbl systems, I'm guessing they were done overseas
It may have been a different outcome if I actually had the car in his shop, but FFS it took them over 5 months to make a cats back and the whole thing was rubbish, eBay mufflers with a butterfly bimodal valve welded in.
Enough said.
Anyone rate hurricane systems on cammed VE?

Looking at the auction listings they did have plenty of equipment to have the ability of fabricating custom systems..
My mate is gave ET his mock 3" dump pipes for his twin turbo E30 LS1 project, they told him they could mandrel bend them as one piece but they never got back to him, he lost the mock 3" dump pipes and had to start from scratch again.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Get a Manta and be done with it.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Done abit of ringing around 2.5" Manta quiet one looks like a winner , MCE motorsport reakon it will give me no drone and a good crisp note
Fabricated to 1 7/8 Difillipo headers and cats

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I have the quiet Manta on my Monaro in 2.5. It is very quiet and silent on the highway but without a cam is still a touch quiet on idle. Nice sound when your into it though. Ve might be a different story though.