Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Technology SA

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Has anyone had an exhaust on a SS fitted by these guys? Spoke to them today and seem nice enough considering the bolt on 2.5 cat back

sjc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V s2
Has anyone had an exhaust on a SS fitted by these guys? Spoke to them today and seem nice enough considering the bolt on 2.5 cat back

Hi Marco,

I haven't used them but have spoken to them about doing my exhaust also. He seems very switched on to what the customer wants and needs.

Have also spoken to KPM motorsports at Edwardstown, they also sound good.

cheers
Simon

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Real keen to hear a 2.5 before bolting it on. Thinking exhaust technology at this stage. Not sure who makes KPM anymore

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
i've used them twice for repair jobs on two different cars.
i would highly recommend.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I bought my 2.5 from KPM when they used to be next door to exhaust Tech. They even took the car into ET at one stage so ET could make a copy or something. I have an auto 6.0 Calais auto with extractors, high flow cats and 2.5 stainless steel. Best sounding system I have heard and plenty (even GTS owners) have asked me where I got it. No drone at all.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8

They have a fantastic rep and have for many years now. They originally made the exhaust for KPM

Have also spoken to KPM motorsports at Edwardstown, they also sound good.

Watch out as KPM exhaust are made in China and are poor quality now days since they blued and split for Exhaust Technology.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Thanks guys I am going to go through ET get a good vibe from them. Hope it sounds good!

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
ET are good. I wouldn't have KPM pump up the tyres on my push bike!

dantheman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
are ET making you a custom exhaust or supplying the off the shelf marco gold exhaust?

from what it appears the marco gold exhaust and the KPM exhaust are exactly the same. It's probably become cheaper for the both of them to source from overseas from the exact same supplier. They just would have collaborated on the design and exported the production

if you compare the pics of the exhaust here to a KPM exhaust they're completely identical in looks and price.

so saying one is better than the other means nothing, unless ET are completely custom fabbing an exhaust for you

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
are ET making you a custom exhaust or supplying the off the shelf marco gold exhaust?

from what it appears the marco gold exhaust and the KPM exhaust are exactly the same. It's probably become cheaper for the both of them to source from overseas from the exact same supplier. They just would have collaborated on the design and exported the production

if you compare the pics of the exhaust here to a KPM exhaust they're completely identical in looks and price.

so saying one is better than the other means nothing, unless ET are completely custom fabbing an exhaust for you

Exactly the same these days