Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust then tune?

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Hey blackve
Had a 2.5 kpm cat back on my Ve and liked it but going the full 3" this time, just wasn't sure about driving it untuned, thought it may possibly lean it out but then again I have no idea what I'm talking about regards to this topic so that's why I asked , thanks all for the info.

I've tested the 2.5 and was ok the 3" so much better and deeper note, enjoy

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
No, I wouldn’t drive a stock new car three hours without proper feedback from O2 sensors.
Then I wouldn’t go to Sam again either.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
And why won't you go to Sam again monstar?
Not to bag anyone publicly, suffice it to say is a personal preference based on technical approach.
My point in answer to your OP is that lots of people will say yes with no hesitation, no worries mate, I totally advise against it.
Take either comments with a grain of salt, just saying. Ask Sam if thats a good idea.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Autowerks is awesome and they tune these all the time. They are in Beverly Hills. I also heard some not so positive things about Sam's.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Autowerks is awesome and they tune these all the time. They are in Beverly Hills. I also heard some not so positive things about Sam's.

I used to frequent both when Sam was at Padstow and Sonny was at Croydon and I’ve heard good and horrendous about both.

Those tuner wars from ten years ago died hard.

I know Sam can rub some people up the wrong way but if I was having an old school Chevy built Sam’s in my opinion is still the place I’d go.

When it comes to the newer stuff there are plenty of good tuning shops out there that can match him.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I used to frequent both when Sam was at Padstow and Sonny was at Croydon and I’ve heard good and horrendous about both.

Those tuner wars from ten years ago died hard.

I know Sam can rub some people up the wrong way but if I was having an old school Chevy built Sam’s in my opinion is still the place I’d go.

When it comes to the newer stuff there are plenty of good tuning shops out there that can match him.
Totally agree, not necessary to go 300 km out of your way. Could justify if at the end of the journey meant seven or eight hours with a professional in the cabin on the dyno going through the tune from scratch personally, shouted YOU lunch, had a day at the track and was around $700-$800. But CAI and exhaust does not do much out of the ordinary vs what is expected, in the large scheme of things is a minor tune recalibration and obligatory turning off / loosening engine and drivetrain protections.
Unfortunately there is hardly any magic to digital tuning, is so common with known bolt-on stock that of course you are going to get a 'boxed' flash and tweak. With expected results. Else at least a printout of a graph showing you results as expected.
It's fine, everyone does that. Just like travelling 300 km down the coast to get the best fish and chips when reality is nothing is local and all is from same national cold chain supply company. But it's the story that perpetuates lasting romance of course.

Scott ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
I didn't start this thread to learn about tuners, all I wanted to know is it safe to drive my car to my preferred tuner with a new exhaust installed. I have read nothing but good reviews about Sam, used him once and want to use him again. I think you will find there are plenty of other people who would rather use Sam than there local tuner. If you want to use your local tuner that's great but I don't.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hey pal, you asked a stupid question, all answers were to shore that up. You know, any info appreciated...
Unless its what you want to hear then obviously not, so go ahead take your car, put a ridiculous pipe on it, drive it with a dangerous state of tune for three hours, cop some Bagdadi old school BS, make sure you pay through the nose.
Nobody actually gives a **** about your stupidity or tuner recos for that matter.