Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Expressions Of Interest

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
boy's and girls

today myself and jake came up with a good little idea, we figured out how to make a aldl adaptor to suit your home pc.

what im interested in, is how many people would purchase the item from the shop when it opens

what this will do, is alow you to read the raw data from yoru commodore ecu/pcm all models will be covered, v6, v8, turbo, supercharged. it also will alow you to tune your car, make slight adjustments to any ecu/pcm value, and do a full diag on the car computer and sensor system

who's interested?

Locksmiff

Reaction score
What software is used to view the raw data with and how does raw data appear ?? as in not HEX stuff ?? is it ?? how are you going to hold the adjustments ?? how are you able to write to the chip ??

Kim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Evoke Wagon
Sounds interesting. If you need someone to write the software to display the data or anything like that then I would be happy to pitch in.

Kim

PS: I am in Brisbane too.

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
i didnt realise you can write to the standard ecu garth,,sounds interesting if you can do it,you would need a laptop not a desk top comp i guess ,most of us havent got laps, what about the price
cheers fergi

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Even I don't know exactly how Garth plans on rewriting/adjusting the standard memcal.

I've got the software and slight tweaks are possible but nothing 'special' just yet. It's more just raw ALDL data as Locky said

Cheers

Jake

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
very interested. i've done work in this before, controlling an electric motor with a PC. i think you probably know more than me garth but i'd be very interested to hear/learn about this.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
I reckon your gonna have a hard time editing any settings in the standard memcal, how will it accept new values as it does not have an input for any other data but what the sensors send it.

Definately up for a reading one thow, would be pretty cool to see how different settings effect the fuel maps etc.

I guess it's a start really, help you get a feel for programming your own memcal. Would be a DOS app right?

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (jules @ Feb 12 2004, 12:25 PM) very interested. i've done work in this before, controlling an electric motor with a PC. i think you probably know more than me garth but i'd be very interested to hear/learn about this.
You would probably **** it in the both of you. It wouldn't be more then monitoring a sensor, taking the input then adjusting an electrical signal, but with a few more then one .

But you wouldnt really have to worry about the auto sides of it anyway, as its the values to the variable's (the bracketed stuff ) yuo want to change that the stock computer has already hardcoded anyway.

I reckon you and Garth should put heads together 2 good minds are better then the one.

I can visualulise how easy it would be, but I can't do it. I have the Haltech to thank for that. Its nothing more then Kalmaker after all, your trying to do.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!