Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLE NOT CATCHING????? need help

myvt97

VTeee
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim 3.8
hows it goin

just need a little help
my left front door & rear right dooor exterior door handles are not catching like there not opening from the outside but still open from the inside?????

any help would be great !

cheers

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
same thing happened to me except my drivers side door,
you need a new handle, there's a small shiiit piece of plastic that breaks easy, unless you glue it(which it could possibly break again) then i would see holden about getting a new one and having it reprayed to your cars colour

myvt97

VTeee
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim 3.8
same thing happened to me except my drivers side door,
you need a new handle, there's a small shiiit piece of plastic that breaks easy, unless you glue it(which it could possibly break again) then i would see holden about getting a new one and having it reprayed to your cars colour

arrrr ok , yeee i thought it was somethin like that
wata bummer ae lol

thanks alot mate

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
no worries

dman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Just had a mate ring me , his back door handle on the outside is phucked.. they have been opening it from the inside...then kids being kids put the child lock on any ideas on how to open the door???
cheers

vnkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais
When i saw this post it inspired me to fix my own bung door handle, thanks to connections, i got a VX door handle for nothing (the VX door handle is a slightly different design which would lessen the stress on the part in the VT handle that breaks).

Removing the door trim, simple really, removing door handle, pretty straight forward.

I did however get pictures of what exactly breaks in the VT door handle that causes difficult openings. If you look carefully you will see the break, i dont recommend trying to glue as it would more or less just break again, as there is significant pressure applied to the part.

Attachments

• 10102009123.jpg
    10102009123.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 761
  • 10102009124.jpg
    10102009124.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,121