Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extra Go....

Jenga73

Reaction score
Hey all
i've had my VY for about 6months, its a 3.8 and was thinking bout doing some mods to get a bit more out of it without doing too much
Was gonna take the heads off and get a port job + raise compression and few other things. will get extractors and exhaust + change air filter and maybe rearrange intake.
just wanted to get any opinions etc on doing it + if theres anything i have to watch out for after it's all done. will i need to get new comp or anything
cheers for the advice

vtv6manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
if ur going to the effort of taking the head off u should just buy some cams get it decomped and put a supergharger on it

Jenga73

Reaction score
yeh i no, but i don't wanna put insurance up just yet. im only an apprentice

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
FIT Roller rockers are a must if you can get em. Plus extractors. cats etc. I'd be heading towards forced induction.

I was reading somewhere on here the other day of a guy that bought a repairable write off. VU ute. same eng as yours. He put a raptor superchager plus some other mods Fit rockers. MSD Ignition, paceys etc and got 220rwkw. Kick me if im wrong but prety close to around stockish v8 figures

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
FIT Roller rockers are a must if you can get em. Plus extractors. cats etc. I'd be heading towards forced induction.

I was reading somewhere on here the other day of a guy that bought a repairable write off. VU ute. same eng as yours. He put a raptor superchager plus some other mods Fit rockers. MSD Ignition, paceys etc and got 220rwkw. Kick me if im wrong but prety close to around stockish v8 figures

This is the one: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/projects/59907-vu-write-off-supercharge-project.html

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
remember he doe not want forced induction because insurance.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
when i had my vy, threw just car, it didnt matter? still the same price if its charged. Only thing is you have to pay the whole year upfront. I got two quotes. One with stock and one with everything on my wish list and they came out at the same prices

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Wow, now thats interesting, it was the complete opposite for me. Prices went up like a rocket!!!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
yeah so was I! thought i had made a mistake so went back and did it serval times with the same outa come.

I did one the other day for a 2005 VZ SS Manual ute, privately used, @ $35000 purchase price with extrators/exhaust, bodykit, Supercharger, intercooler, cam and it came out exactly the same as a stocko one. Just car says that you can have unlimited modifications aslong as its legal.... HOORAY! :D