Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many k's are too many? and what will need to be done to the engine for the next 30,000+ k's (IS IT WORTH BUYING A VY CLUBSPORT WITH 270,000K'S?)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
LS can go a long, long way if it's been maintained. I've had 350k on an Ls1, it's still running in another car. You'll be spending cash on something of that vintage make no mistake. What those are is anyone's guess. Comes down to the honesty of the seller

With the manual I'd mostly be looking closely at the box, especially 2nd and 3rd operation, up down, cold and hot. A T56 is going to hurt your wallet if it's got issues

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I've always bought my cars off their overall condition and maintenance history over milage.

I've had cars with 400,000km that have been tight as a drum and cars with 70,000km that have been plagued with issues. Milage is not an exact science how the cars been maintained and what’s been replaced over the years is what’s key.

I'd much rather a 300,000km car thats had everything replaced thats needed it when the time has come and been kept on top of, than a 150,000km car thats had the bare minimum to keep it roadworthy.

Milage is like age, it's a number, it's shouldn't be the only factor in determining a cars value.

Last edited:

05vzcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore
I've always bought my cars off their overall condition and maintenance history over milage.

I've had cars with 400,000km that have been tight as a drum and cars with 70,000km that have been plagued with issues. Milage is not an exact science how the cars been maintained and what’s been replaced over the years is what’s key.

I'd much rather a 300,000km car thats had everything replaced thats needed it when the time has come and been kept on top of, than a 150,000km car thats had the bare minimum to keep it roadworthy.

Milage is like age, it's a number, it's shouldn't be the only factor in determining a cars value.
cheers for that information, really helped me look at the car and k's in a different perspective

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Agree there are some clean high mileage car BUT in most cases what usually goes bad on them at certain mileages is generally true or to be expected for most cars.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My ute has around 230k which would be considered high mileage. It's a good clean example in very good condition but no doubt if I wanted to sell there would be plenty of low ballers telling me how they can get one with 100k for the same price.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My ute has around 230k which would be considered high mileage. It's a good clean example in very good condition but no doubt if I wanted to sell there would be plenty of low ballers telling me how they can get one with 100k for the same price.
So it should be after all the $$$$$ you've spent on it.

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Have seen super low mileage cars cost owners big bucks all because cars sat in garages unused