Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Undo the two bolts on the rack, undo the steering coupling and put the shaft up onto the chassis rail, then pull the rack back and to the right.

You can do all that with the original exhaust removed as you can remove it all without taking the rack out.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Just throw the beast up on jack stands and took a look underneath (boy is it dirty under there, mud everywhere all thanks to living on a dirt road). Kinda understand it alot more now and thanks alot Not An Abba Fan that helps heaps! =D

vsutespack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Maual 5 Speed Ute
Hi could you please let me know whether it was worth putting extractors on. I have a vs ute V6 echotech and all I have dne so far is CAI and memcal upgrade. I am thinking of the power gain compared to price and have had a qoute for $750 pacemakers installed onto my 2.5 inch exhaust. Should my next mod be extractors I dont want to do anyother engine mod

help please anyone

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Hi could you please let me know whether it was worth putting extractors on. I have a vs ute V6 echotech and all I have dne so far is CAI and memcal upgrade. I am thinking of the power gain compared to price and have had a qoute for $750 pacemakers installed onto my 2.5 inch exhaust. Should my next mod be extractors I dont want to do anyother engine mod

help please anyone

too much for starters, and no its not going to be a bang for buck mod really @ $750. Its just its a relativly easy bolt on mod that dosnt need any engine mods. Better off getting yourself a set of good second hand ones and fitting them yourself to make it a bang for buck mod.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Extractors won't really give you more power, all they will do is decrease exhaust back pressure and change your torque curve. It is more of a 'seat of the pants' improvement.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
too much for starters, and no its not going to be a bang for buck mod really @ $750. Its just its a relativly easy bolt on mod that dosnt need any engine mods. Better off getting yourself a set of good second hand ones and fitting them yourself to make it a bang for buck mod.

Yeah thats exactly what i am doing. I am paying $250 for a secondhand set of pacemakers with the y piece to suit. Picking em up on the weekend :D

vsutespack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Maual 5 Speed Ute
Thanks guys for your Advice

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yeah thats exactly what i am doing. I am paying $250 for a secondhand set of pacemakers with the y piece to suit. Picking em up on the weekend :D

You're not getting the ones advertised on here are you? They are VT ones.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Try to avoid buying commodore parts off ebay unless they really do check out well. If you're in any doubt resist the urge to buy.

ESPECIALLY dont buy any memcals or chips off ebay. COMPLETE crap..