Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extreme V6

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
I,m Working also on a N/A engine, crank is 4340 rods are billet (Argo) with flat top pistons , inlet is 1.9" S/Steel ech 1.6" S/Steel cam power is 4000-7500 rpm, Should see approx 300 hp at the bags

goodluck with that one man :thumbsup:

just wondering though - if your blown engine with 17psi+ (im guessing from what you said about the belt slipping at 17psi) shoved down its throat makes almost 400hp. what on earth is going to get an n/a engine up to 300hp?
seems optimistic to me, but id love to hear the plan for it all the same.

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
You have it we are looking at approx 7500/ 8000 rpm to get this. some of the stage II Buicks at 8500 rpm getting approx 450 Bhp

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
thats some decent numbers. i notice you refer to the yank parts, they use slightly different names for there V6 engines there S1 engines is the same as our buick 3800 engines used from VN to VR there s2 buick engines are what we call the ecotec. it'll be good to see someone hit the 300rwhp n/a with a V6.

damn yanks, cheap, high quality engine parts for the masses. who cares about global warming:p

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
Good to see Immortality for your support, I believe it can be done Ill get some pictures and send this to you on the N/A sofar and the running Charged unit in my VY

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
soemones gotta break the barrier n/a and then everybody will know whats required. with the tough bottom end parts you have from the US it's only a matter of time before you hit the mark.

you seem to have a good supply of US parts, do those yanks have some decent heads for the ecotecs?

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
Aluminium head are on a series 2 (Ecoteck) engine as we speak, valve are moved and porting is spot on, I think in the next 13 weeks we can see the heads

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
If these heads come through they will be a mile stone for Ecotec development.

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
The alum heads should take 2.05 inlets at the moment best dyno run was 450RWHP cost $ 1200.00us

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Ecotecs take 1.90intakes max. 2.05 is an improvement as long as the alloys can flow enough to match the valve diameter. Flow rates @ lift?