Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F l a k's '94 VR Exec

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
with a new diff you can do a skid bruu! hahaha
looks real clean for a differential though lol

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
$450? really? WOW! I was think more like $150 all up. Must be a few hours involved, that jaycar kit is looking better all the time lol.

If you need a hand to put the diff in just let me know.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
with a new diff you can do a skid bruu! hahaha
looks real clean for a differential though lol

Eh maybe, my driving style has been described as "placid and in control" lol :p So not many skids for me haha. And yeah it was pretty clean, I just cleaned it up a bit more and gave it a coat of gloss black engine enamel and it's not too shabby.

$450? really? WOW! I was think more like $150 all up. Must be a few hours involved, that jaycar kit is looking better all the time lol.

If you need a hand to put the diff in just let me know.

Well $450 all up, $180 for the broken odometer and $270 for the corrector kit. He said it's fairly involved to fit the corrector kit but when the JayCar one is like $50 it's kinda tempting, but I have no idea how to install it and I kinda need it done soon as the diff is in and done properly too, guess I don't have much choice :\

And thanks for the offer, I'm gonna do it over at my Uncles so he can give me a hand, since it's his place I'll ask him what he rekons and shoot you a PM :) We haven't worked out the date yet but it'll either be a weekend or a couple of nights after work I guess.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Nice score on that new diff, looks good painted up, will make the old VR plenty more fun to drive.

Why does it cost so much to fix the odometer? Is yours a level 3 cluster? Level 2's can be fixed by replacing a cog which costs around $10 or so.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Nice score on that new diff, looks good painted up, will make the old VR plenty more fun to drive.

Why does it cost so much to fix the odometer? Is yours a level 3 cluster? Level 2's can be fixed by replacing a cog which costs around $10 or so.

Thanks mate, yeah I hope.

And I don't know, it's not a level 3, just the standard exec one with mechanical odo...see I thought you could just change the cog too but the bloke said it was electronic...which now that you mentioned it really doesn't make sense. It's a mechanical gauge so one would assume the sender is also mechanical? Maybe I should go back and ask again.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
They are an electronic speedo but have a mechanical odo setup driven electrically somehow. No cables whatsoever.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Have a look at this thread. Broken Odometer Might come in handy for you.

Thanks so much for that, looks easy enough, I'll give it a go :D
Is this the gear I need? VR Odo Cog

They are an electronic speedo but have a mechanical odo setup driven electrically somehow. No cables whatsoever.
Hm ok, so I do have to get the electronic box thing?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The jaycar kit?