Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F l a k's '94 VR Exec

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
i don't know, make you seem more professional when you talk about your car? to adjust for fun? lol

That's true. But they'd also make me broke, be really uncomfortable and impractical, and not work nearly as good for what I want as the set-up I have now :p

can you explain all that stuff to me and what they do?

Lol I'm not a pro or anything but so far as I know, getting new and decent quality shocks to replace your probably f*cked ones will make it a lot smoother, and getting heavy duty springs such as King Springs will make the ride lower and firmer. Bigger swaybars reduce body roll and help your car stick to the road during fast cornering and make it tighter. Too big in the front and it'll understeer, too big on the rear and it'll oversteer. Strut brace stiffens the chassis slightly more, in the front end, and can prevent strut towers cracking and flexing under load.

....... Page 8 anyone?

Elmaso as chief of page hunting i expected you to be onto this one.. *tut*tut*

I know :D and maybe he is just too sad to comment, because his thread is only 6 not 8 (that's what she said) lol :p

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Lol I'm not a pro or anything but so far as I know, getting new and decent quality shocks to replace your probably f*cked ones will make it a lot smoother, and getting heavy duty springs such as King Springs will make the ride lower and firmer. Bigger swaybars reduce body roll and help your car stick to the road during fast cornering and make it tighter. Too big in the front and it'll understeer, too big on the rear and it'll oversteer. Strut brace stiffens the chassis slightly more, in the front end, and can prevent strut towers cracking and flexing under load.

I knew about shocks and springs duh, im not that noob :) So do you get a shorter/longer swaybar in the front/rear or same size, where do they sit/attach?
Also what about bushes? do you like bush lol

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
I knew about shocks and springs duh, im not that noob So do you get a shorter/longer swaybar in the front/rear or same size, where do they sit/attach?
Also what about bushes? do you like bush lol

Lol well you said all that stuff :p The swaybars are the same length but they are thicker and therefore more rigid. Usually you go bigger in the front, I think I went 27mm front and 20mm rear? There's a link pin at either end where you attach the swaybar. It's common to replace the whole front link pin assemblies to after market ones like SuperPro as they are thicker, come with poly bushes, and are more of a Z kinda shape which fits better. The bushes and swaybars are fairly easy to change with the help of a mate. I use SuperPro poly bushes everywhere, but no, bush is f*cking gross :p

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Hahahaha bush is rank. Nolthane bushes on the other hand, haha. Im replacing the mounting bushes, link rods, other bushes etc. (someday) lol

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
im completely jealous of your page collecting skills! DAMN IT! hahahhaha

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Hahahaha bush is rank. Nolthane bushes on the other hand, haha. Im replacing the mounting bushes, link rods, other bushes etc. (someday) lol

Agreed lol. There should be nothing that resembles bush at all anywhere whatsoever :p lol. Sounds good, check out your strut top bushings and bearings, and also the sway bar ones as they were the most on mine.

im completely jealous of your page collecting skills! DAMN IT! hahahhaha

Lol there you are :p You still have more likes in your thread though :)

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
i didn't read the enire post, but this threads slightly taken a 1970's turn lol

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Im pro obama, just because that means im anti-bush. Gotta hate bush more than a black man

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Here are a few of my pics from the cruise:
IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I have the same head unit, it's really good quality for the price. The sub control is amazing ;)