Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F l a k's '94 VR Exec

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Yeh tinted the windows,put 19inch rims on,lowered,boot wing,camber kit,everything brand new -cam,crank,starter,piston/rings,catback,the only thing I havent done yet is a new paint job.Ah yeh the cam is a Larry Perkins racing cam,got plenty of power not sure how fast it can go yet because I obey the road rules.

Last edited:

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Ahk, wow. Sounds pretty sweet man, got some pictures up somewhere?
I'm seriously considering an engine swap to a mild V8 after my P's, and a respray in the same colour again.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just getting that new paint work done at the moment but will put up pics soon as thats done

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
how did you avoid the injectors and other thing? my engine bay needs a good clean!

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Haha all I did was go to a car wash place (thought I don't wash my car there) and spray some of their "Wheel and Engine Cleaner" (degreaser basically) around, and just try not to aim for anything electrical. Sprayed all around the motor and up underneath the car at the front to clean the sump and stuff. Then hosed it off, again just not aiming at anything electrical, then I just sprayed a bit of WD40 on all the electricals and battery terminals as it displaces water. Stared up fine and had no problems. Now I just was the arches and main painted areas with the same stuff I use to wash the car, but at the end, then use some towels to dry and clean it a bit more, then armour all the rubber/plastic parts. Then I give Mum a pile of terry towels and drying cloth's to wash for me :p

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its burgandy at the moment same colour as elmaso's car,my wheels are 19" hsv so what colour would you recommend that I spray it,I like the colour of yours?

Last edited:

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Ahk nice, hmm. Maybe you should get a picture up and ask someone nicely to 'shop it in a few different colours? Painting it the same colour again is always going to be easiest though I'd guess, probably cheaper depending on how you want it done, like, you could just spray the outside again, as opposed to having the door jambs, inside of the bonnet and boot, stuff like that having to be redone. Are you repainting the bay? And thanks, I like the colour of mine too, just used to it and it doesn't seem that common really, and it's dark, but not too dark so it isn't that hard to take care of. Also pick the wheels to match the car not the other way round I rekon lol

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Also, Update:
Yesterday the felt strip that goes up the inside of the drivers door along the front edge of the window and ending at the top of the mirror somehow got caught and pulled up, so I couldn't shut the window lol. Went to a few places, and ended up buying a new strip from Holden and getting a smash repair place to help me fit it as it was late in the afternoon, got it fixed just after 5, took around 40mins and turns out could be easily done really, just a bit fiddly. It cost $14 for the strip, and $40 for the 45mins or so it took to fit. I also took off the furthermost part of the towbar, and I think I'll take the rest off this weekend. And finally, the Monaro Club here invited me to join. They incorporate all Holden's since there is no Holden or Commodore or Street Machine Club here. Exciting times lol.