Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F l a k's '94 VR Exec

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Update:
So at 2am this morning someone decided it would be cool to go through all the cars in the top half of my street and steal whatever they could. I was the only one who heard them, and yes they are dumb enough to accidentally press the horn in my Mum's car and try shut the doors, making more noise. Soon as I heard this I woke Dad and ran out the front, but we'd just missed whoever did it. Must have been close because we didn't hear a car and the lights were still on in Mum's car and the neighbours car. Fortunately my iPod was inside on my desk, but they did take loose change and my Arnettes, as well as Mum's prescription glasses. We called the cops and a couple of cars patrolled for a while, filed a report, and forensics were here 1st thing this morning, dusting our cars for fingerprints. Found some decent ones on mine, and since there's been a few of these sort of crimes recently there's a chance they could catch whoever did it, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
bloody lucky mate, hole they catch em.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Update:
Had a compression test done out of curiosity, and was fine with 2 and 4 @ 150psi, and 1, 3, 5 and 6 @ 160psi.

Also finally bought new boot-lid lights as the old ones were faded. I went with the genuine ones...even though they were $268.40 lol. But they're made by Hella, good quality, fit perfectly and wont leak or anything, and will match the other tail lights as they have been replaced with genuine items a year or so ago. IMO there's some things you're better off going genuine for, and lights to me is one of them. Anyway, easy as to swap and looks much better now...just have to get that bumper fixed and give it a good wash again :$

Got my Pacemaker 5009's as well, thanks to Bz Kn33z :thumbsup:. Just going to give them another coat of paint and they will hopefully be going in with a new highflow cat and o2 sensor soon. More pics to come :)

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

Before:
DSC00746.jpg

After:
DSC00752.jpg

Pacemakers:
DSC00742.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
That looks really good mate.
Paint is in amazing condidtion for its age.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Thanks guys. The paints not really as good as it seems, on the top of the rear bumper its peeling a bit, and there's a few small dents, chips and scratches all over it. Just about time for another wax though so after that I'll post some more pictures.

vn executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Executive
Nice looking ride you have there F l a k. :) My dad has a VR - came with country pack suspension - that thing was in the clouds. Think he swapped back to std suspension - he's happy with it. Did you leave your rear louvre clips on your back windscreen ? If you removed them, how did you go about it?

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Thanks man, yeah I bet haha. I haven't got around to taking them off yet, so I don't really know the best way to go about it. They're just stuck on, so maybe you could hook something in the clip and pull it off, or maybe try using some fishing line to get under and lift it. Not sure, sorry man. But I'm planning on having a go at taking them off soon, so I'll let you know how I go :)

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Update:
Had some exhaust stuff done today. The Pacemakers (pictured above) were fitted, but not the Y pipe, as the main dent was a bit big and would apparently effect the flow. Also noticed that the Y pipe had been possibly modified or repaired, so we decided that I might as well get a new one from Pacemaker, which cost $220 inc overnight shipping. Looks cool too.

Also had a Redback 200cpsi high flow cat fitted.

Had a slight problem with the extractors, though; from the moment it was started, the paint melted/burnt off. Kinda smells pretty bad, and the exhaust guy, Allan from Geoff's Exhausts here in Wagga, described them as "peachy, pinky, salmon coloured" or something like that haha. We had to give it a run for over an hour around the place to try and get the shitty paint and smell off, it's not so bad now.

Cost $870 all up. Also had new Y pipe flange bolts and a new o2 sensor fitted. Sounds a bit louder, about another 1/4 on-top of the overall loudness before, but its not too bad at all if I drive it sensibly, as I always do lol.

I'll see how it goes, but I'll probably fit a muffler or resonator on the rear of the catback after easter.
Also changed the oil.

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Last edited: