Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F1 - 2010 Season.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The F1 season is well under way with heaps of chages.

Some have said the Melbourne race was boring. I think the racing has been well mixed up and all the teams have started working the with the new rules. It may take a while to sort the cars out - but I think the year in F1 will be the best in many many years.

Adding more cars to the grid has been a big winner and made the qualifing very tough to get through with a clear run. It really has mixed up the grid this year and proved that even the best in the business have missed the boat at times.

I give F1 a big vote of A1 goodness for the changes for this year.

And GO MARK WEBBER :) .

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i had to laugh after the monaco gp. on the ninemsn homepage there was an article about how since webber is having the best run of his career, and his contract with red bull expires at the end of the season, as does massa's ferrari contract. webber is now apparently somehow linked to ferrari for a possible seat in 2011?! we can only dream.

im sure im not alone in thinking that vettel needs to be bitchslapped, hard:banstick:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mark Webber may get dumped for racing the golden boy or Red Bull.

The F1 Red Bull team blame MW for the crash on the weekend - he should have moved over they have said on the news report - but instead MW held his line. We shall see in the comming races if the Ferrari rumor has any cred....

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
If he winsd the world championship this year he'll be going to ferrari no doubt about it. But now i dont think he's got a chance to wini dont think red bull will or have been willing to put 100% behind webber.

The only way i see it happening if he gets a big lead over vettel who crashes out a few more times. Then they'll back webberfor their own good and not mark webbers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I am not a fan of webbers, but for Red Bull to be blaming Webber for the accident is a joke.

Vettel needs a good slapping. I now hope Vettel crashes out, Webber leaves to a diff team and red Bull goes backwards.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
A report on the issues at Red Bull - scabbed off the internet.....

It seems that Red Bull Racing have hung Mark Webber out to dry on the unfortunate, and probably unnecessary, incident between himself and teammate Sebastian Vettel in Turkey.

The crash cost RBR an almost certain one-two and left the team scrambling to get Webber to the line for third place. The incident occurred on lap 41 and appeared, at first glance, to be a simple racing incident caused by Vettel moving over to claim the racing line after completing a clean pass—almost.

Unfortunately, Vettel hadn’t quite completed the pass and moved across quite sharply on Webber, collecting the latter’s front wheel and wing with his rear wheel causing the young German to spin out and leaving him with little more to do than make silly hand gestures.

Commentary teams, experts, and journalists alike seemed to unanimously blame Vettel for moving across and hitting Webber’s car. Even Lewis Hamilton, who was directly behind the pair, laid the blame squarely with Vettel. The only exception was Eddie Jordan and there will be few surprised by the fact that Eddie took a contrarian stance.

But all was not as it seemed.

To everyone’s surprise, Christian Horner and Helmut Marko have come out and dropped the blame at the feet of Webber. In doing so, they have left themselves open to some interesting questions about what’s going on behind the scenes at RBR.

In the world according to Horner and Marko, Vettel had no choice but to do what he did. They were apparently under the impression that people were blaming Vettel for trying to overtake. They would have us believe that Webber, who had led for two-thirds of the race, should just pull over and let him pass.

The reality is that Webber effectively did yield the position. He didn’t shut the door on Vettel, he simply held his line, forcing Vettel to try to complete the pass on the dirty side of the track. The McLaren duo of Lewis Hamilton and Jensen Button did exactly the same thing a few laps later; neither yielded to the other, but nor did they collide. It can be done.

The two team bosses claim that if Vettel did not try the move, he would have been overtaken by Hamilton. Apparently, the fact that Hamilton was unable to complete the maneuver for the previous 40 laps didn’t mean much.

Nor did the fact that they still expected a one-two finish. In an interview for F1.com, Marko was adamant that RBR would still finish on top of the podium, claiming it was, “A sure-fire, one-two to be exact! It leaves you speechless.”

But, if Hamilton was fast enough to overtake Vettel, and Vettel was fast enough to overtake Webber, logic would tell us that Hamilton should have been able to pass Webber too.

This is a grade-school logic problem, but it seems that logic is apparently in short supply at RBR.

Even more intriguing is what brought about the pass. Marko initially claimed that Vettel had better tyres, which apparently gave him a massive straight-line speed advantage.

The reality is somewhat different.

It is slowly becoming evident that there is a hierarchy at RBR. It wasn’t noticeable before when Vettel was outgunning Webber in qualifying and on the track, but Webber has had the temerity to come to terms with the car and has started to dominate his young teammate.

Naturally, RBR cannot publicly declare team orders, but they had to somehow redress the inconvenient fact that Webber was doing well.

When asked if Webber had been told to let Vettel pass in an interview for F1.com, Marko replied, “That is not correct, because that would mean a team order. We informed Mark about the situation and it is for the driver to decide.”

Webber apparently decided that he was just going to keep racing, however, just before the pass, he was told to switch his engine into fuel-saving mode.

Suddenly, it’s pretty clear why Vettel had such a massive speed differential—he was still running on full power—it had nothing to do with tyres.

So now we know what’s going on. Vettel is the team’s No. 1 driver and Webber needs to learn his place. Perhaps there really is life in the rumor that Webber and Ferrari are looking to get into bed together.

After this, you could hardly blame him

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Protecting the golden child. Blind freddy could see what vettel did, maybe he needs to watch the replay for the first time.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vettle figured if he could not win - nor should Mark. :)

Jarrodscv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais 50th Ann L67
Vettel is like the collingwood of F1 for me now. Big long time Webber fan but I really just want to see Vettel get smashed by everyone now. It will bring me so much joy everytime Webber beats him now.