Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F1 - 2010 Season.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Red Bull
Mark Webber (2nd)
“The start was a mess, it wasn’t ideal to lose that many positions, but fortunately it’s not Monaco or Barcelona where the positions often don’t change during the race. I was able to overtake a few guys on the first few laps and get some of the positions back - I knew the race would be quite long after that and to get second place was a good result. It was very challenging in the last part of the Grand Prix and it was difficult to keep the car on track. I can’t believe the top three qualifiers finished on the podium with all the changing conditions! It was a good day for me. It was unfortunate for the team that we didn’t get some more points, but we’re still leading the constructors’ championship and hopefully we will do in Monza.”

Sebastian Vettel (15th)
“What happened, happened and we can’t change it now. Obviously I’m not proud of it, I lost the car going over the bump as I was braking and unfortunately hit Jenson, so he couldn’t continue. I’m sorry for him. We’ll have to see what we can do at the next races.”

Christian Horner, Red Bull team principal
“A great drive by Mark today, it was a very mature drive after a bad start. He recovered fantastically well and drove with great maturity at a track that we always knew would suit the McLarens. To come away with second place was a great result for him today – and it was great pit-work by the guys to get Mark out ahead of Kubica. For Sebastian, unfortunately everything that could happen today did happen. He got pushed on to the grass on the first lap and then when he was coming back through the field was racing with Jenson. I think Jenson took him by surprise with how early he braked for the bus-stop and trying to avoid him Sebastian got into a bit of a moment and collected Jenson. He was then unlucky with Liuzzi, so not a great weekend for Sebastian.”

Jenson Button (DNF)
“It was looking really good this afternoon. I got up to second easily enough, but my left-hand front-wing endplate had been damaged on lap one, which meant I had to dial maximum angle into it, and that made the rear twitchy without giving me any more front.As a result, it was pretty tricky to keep the others behind, but I was having a good fight in the wet conditions, and I seemed to be able to find grip better than the other people around me. I was doing a decent job of keeping my position, and doing it fairly.

“Then, as everyone knows, I had an incident with Sebastian (Vettel). I certainly didn’t brake any earlier than usual. All I know is I suddenly felt a big bang in the sidepod, which ripped the radiator out, and then I lost drive. I’ve watched it on TV now, and I’d say it was a very strange incident. Clearly, he didn’t do it on purpose, and I gather he’s now apologised, but I have to say I’ve got no idea what he was doing. It’s a massive blow to my world championship hopes.

“All I can do now is look forward to Monza. I love that track, and I’ll be doing my best to score a lot of points there.”

Red bull once again defending they're golden child. Why cant they just straight out and say he was too aggressive and pulled out to fast and lost it? in fact it was a very similar incident when he crashed into mark? Unlucky with Sutil Seb Clearly cut across him and copped a puncture for it. Sutil on the otherhand need a new wing but was lucky to make it it into the pits

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
good race defenite emontional rollacoaster if your a webber fan. I Think VEttel is a terrible over aggresive driver the AS and MS wannabe but doesnt have the skill to back it up.
I have to admit he took one for the team last night but what he did to button and sutil is plain stupidity.

Anyway GRe4at race dont like the fact that media saying webber blows the start and the race he clearly stated in post race conference that he had clutch issues and it was bogging down

The media and Mark Webber haters will jump at any minor failings on his part - unless he wins from pole - he is no good. How fickle they are.

Vettle is making rooky mistakes and has done so for 3 years now. His statement after the race was about 5 words - but not his fault tho - it was the water.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i notice he never fronts the media when he has a stack that was his fault. Every other driver does and tells it how it is. Another case where he needs to grow up..

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
i notice he nevr froonts the media when he has a stack that was his fault. Every other driver does and tells it how it is. Another case where he needs to grow up..

He's fast running out of years to grow up. Is he worth 10mil a season - not in my book.

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
2013.jpg

v8oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport 2005
He's fast running out of years to grow up. Is he worth 10mil a season - not in my book.

He's pretty damn good over a single lap but yeah he has a lot of growing up to do. I think he must be feeling it with everyone knowing how fast the car is and making shitty little mistakes to ruin it

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
He's pretty damn good over a single lap but yeah he has a lot of growing up to do. I think he must be feeling it with everyone knowing how fast the car is and making shitty little mistakes to ruin it

Pressure can get to every one and Vettel has suffered a little this year. The best driver this year is shaping to be Lewis or Mark. Vettel may come back and win the title - but it is looking less likely with every race.

v8oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport 2005
Yeah I agree. Maybe with the tracks coming up after Monza suiting RBR he might be more confident. The boy just needs to stick it on pole and stay there

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Engine usage to date: (5 races to go)
McLaren Mercedes
1 Jenson Button 7
2 Lewis Hamilton 7

Mercedes GP
3 Michael Schumacher 7
4 Nico Rosberg 7

RBR Renault
5 Sebastian Vettel 7
6 Mark Webber 6

Ferrari
7 Felipe Massa 8
8 Fernando Alonso 8

Williams Cosworth
9 Rubens Barrichello 6
10 Nico Hulkenberg 7

Renault
11 Robert Kubica 6
12 Vitaly Pertrov 6

Force India Mercedes
14 Adrian Sutil 7
15 Vitantonio Liuzzi 7

STR Ferrari
16 Sebastien Buemi 7
17 Jaime Alguersuari 7

Lotus Cosworth
18 Jarno Trulli 7
19 Heikki Kovalainen 7

HRT Cosworth
20 Sakon Yamamoto 7
21 Bruno Senna 7

BMW Sauber Ferrari
22 Nick Heidfeld (formerly Pedro de la Rosa’s car) 9
23 Kamui Kobayashi 7

Virgin Cosworth
24 Timo Glock 7
25 Lucas Di Grassi 7

v8oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport 2005
Last night's race was really really good! Glad it wasn't a drive to the finish on softs then pit kind of race, looked like it might be for a bit there