Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F150 tow rig

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
That's how an F150 should look. Not like the behemoths I see every day.
Cheers, slowly getting there, trying to source wheels now, but in typical fashion what I want is hard to come by
I found a good set of ramps to be best - gives much more room to move when underneath..
They have their place, but from the post you quoted I was doing suspension bushes with the wheels off, so ramps wouldn't of helped much
Ha HA Ha Melbourne and no rain.
Although = the last month up here , about 150+ kms north of Sydney hasn't been much better.
Lookin out at dark/ overcast skies as I post.

EDIT: Last Saturday evening was a cracker though , ( outdoors on a property, semi rural, for a birthday party) , not to hot, fine , very enjoyable.
Literally my entire Christmas break it was either 30+ or pissing down with rain, no inbetween. Yesterday I must of tipped 100L of water out of the tonneau of this before I went to work and that was just from overnight.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Couldn't help myself and finally found some diecast Ftrucks with the correct (bricknose) fronts on them. Admittedly the US version is still slightly different from the AU version with the headlights but very happy none the less.

VuHBHSy.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So I mounted a little Australian flag to the back of this and took this down to the Hastings car meet on Australia day, amazingly the little flag stayed on for the whole 90 minute round trip. Amazingly got a parking spot on main street too (not easy) so actually got a couple of photos snapped of it too.

Also discovered I'd had the transcooler plumbed back to front all these years (I had inlet at the top rather than the bottom), seems to of worked fine, but pulled the grill out and swapped the lines around just in case.

ea2TFy6.jpeg

CmDmXsT.jpeg

LRRQP1F.jpeg

Cooler re-plumbed
JXBY9j6.jpeg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
These showed up today American Racing AR62 16x8 0, bloody cheap for a full set of wheels so couldn't resist. Now to decide what tyres to go with highway terrains or all terrains. But will be on the ute sometime soon.

0RvmeIl.jpeg

k14yE0o.jpeg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you are going to do any sort of offroading, all terrains, otherwise highway terrain would be the better choice in my opinion.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Highway terrains are my general thought too, but the trailer I currently use is stored in a often wet paddock on the side of a hill, and these sort of similar situations where I'm trying to manauver around on less than perfect surfaces (often whilst towing) makes me think maybe AT's. Generally speaking it will rarely see anything more than the occasional gravel road though..... Need to do some thinking.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mickey T A/Ts are a really decent tyre, well they used to be.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mickey T A/Ts are a really decent tyre, well they used to be.

The biggest seller I strike is Coopers....

For some weird reason, the supplier of Mickey Thompsons also supplies Coopers in S.A...The refuse to allow both brands to be sold at the same store.....

Why, no idea....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Coopers are popular but they are a brittle tyre and chip easily.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Highway terrains are my general thought too, but the trailer I currently use is stored in a often wet paddock on the side of a hill, and these sort of similar situations where I'm trying to manauver around on less than perfect surfaces (often whilst towing) makes me think maybe AT's. Generally speaking it will rarely see anything more than the occasional gravel road though..... Need to do some thinking.
A set of highway's then.
And a pair of A/T on the old rims for the rear, for winter, for when going to collect the trailer.