Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Factory L67 TwinCharged Plans

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
My bad I just had a look and i have the line off the waste gate coming off the intercooler pipe I will have to change that asap

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
Well before the blower was on started to spool at 3000rpm full boost around 3500-4000rpm
with the blower attached I reckon start spooling 2000rpm full boost 2500-3000rpm

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Why dont you drop the m90, Bolt on a standar plenum and upper and lower intake, and feed a TC into a raptor centi ? Then you could intercool all the pressurised flow prior to the plenum ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Because the centrifugal wont boost till after the turbo would have anyway :p lol

warrjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jaguar XJS V12 & VXII Super6 Calais
Oh i dont have any dyno sheets Dick's electronics doesnt use a dyno
but i did get a 13.0@113mph with a 2.4 sixty foot turbo with 12-15psi and a slight miss
original supercharged setup was 13.2@107mph 2.0 sixty foot

Hey man how is the tuning going?

Have you had it back down the 1/4 yet?

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
hey mate
Dick rang me he said his 3 bar software is ready so all I have to do is drill and tap the LIM for the IAT sensor and ring him up. The only thing stopping me from doing more drag racing is my fear of the gearbox letting go.

Just something I noticed. I tried running the blower with the bypass open all the time and the turbo spool time decreased by 500 rpm with the blower free spinning cool hey! so full boost by 3000rpm

warrjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Transgo shif kit and Corvette servo are probably a good upgrade before more 1/4 runs.

Interesting that opening the bypass reduced TC spool by 500rpm. Keep us posted how the tune goes..

good luck mate

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
It's nice to see that there's a few others with the same insane idea as me. Although, I blame Luke, look what you started! I've yet to even I/C my m90, so I've been chasing down the right equipment to begin with.

My plan, rather than running w2a coolers and the like was to use a split a2a like they use on twin turbo setups (300zx) and routing the blower through one and the turbo through the other. This would save on space under the bonnet, aside from having two lots of pipework.

So, the idea would be Inlet -> blower, blower plate outlet -> I/C1, I/C1 -> Turbo inlet, Turbo outlet -> IC/2, I/C2 -> blower plate inlet (LIM)
I'm sorry I can't provide detailed schematics as my paint skills aren't too crash hot when using a touch pad, and linux doesn't wanna let me use my external mouse.

Does anyone see anything obvious I've missed in doing this? Would there be a need to have a bypass between the turbo and blower?

Next question... where's everyone getting these turbo manifolds from, or is everyone suddenly a wizz with the welder? lol

Last edited:

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
Alas after a little bit of messing around:
l67twincharge.jpg

warrjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd keep it simple Bluewildangel system is I think the way to go correct me if I'm wrong here dude but as I see it your system is like this.

I dont think you need dual IC just IC after the SC. Because both devices will be running low boost temp increase will be less at 15 psi than just the M90 running 15psi

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 175