Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fake SSV redline

mshagg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series Ute
It'll all be on the engine plate and if you're still not convinced, hopefully you get the little sticker/card with all of the RPOs and can compare that to a genuine redline/Z series.

dan610

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Z series black - ute manual
ok guys,
so i whent for insurance an of course had to know the model redline or z series.... so i rang holden and got em to check up on the vin and it came up
as a ssv z series holden with a redline package...... so is that a true redline.... is that how they come as a package....the car also dosnt have the "z" badge on it
and the cluster has the redline cluster.....so its just badge that not red :( oh well.

mshagg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series Ute
There was no 'redline' in the Z series because all of the SSVs were fitted with the brembos, forged 19s and FE3 suspension.

Badges are easy to remove, so dont put too much stock in that. Is there any badge at all behind the front wheels?

What's the build date?

wayneforrest

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I dont know what VZSS is talking about the steering wheel. Redlines do not come withe the HSV flat bottom steering wheel, yes the steering wheel on the ssv is different but not a HSV one. Also Redlines are not any lower than standard or at least mine was not but mine had the FE2 suspension as it is a 2010, later model utes came with the FE3.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Yea mine is fe2 as well as it is a 2010 but with the steering wheel mine is identical to a mates senator and different from my old mans ssv

dan610

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Z series black - ute manual
ok cheers guys, so got the little stunner on friday and all checked out great. ssv z series, with the fe3 susp, and brembo and what not,

she just needs a big cam now :p

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
It should have a HSV badge under the bonnet, just to the right of the radiator. SSV Redline have
-front Brembo brakes
-projector headlights
-GPS
-Leather Trim
-I'm not sure if SSV have the HSVI compliance plate shown

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 477

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
I think it's what it says on the plate mine has build date rpa ( I think) and a build number

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Redlines are really just upgraded SSV's, so as long as you've got all the gear, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

In the final VE Redline Utes, you should have:

* Red Brembo brakes (Front only)
* FE3 suspension
* Polished / Chrome 19 inch wheels

If memory serves me correctly, they are the only 3 features that the Redline gets over the standard SSV.

The badge on the back should have a "red V" but it's not something I'd get too worried about. You generally wouldn't get it on a red coloured car, but all the black ones I've seen have it.

mshagg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series Ute
As above - it's a Z series SSV, not a redline (no redlines in MY12.5/13). Still has the same brakes/wheels/Fe3 but will just have the standard series 2 SSV badge (i think the letter 'v' is white on mine) on the back.

Certainly wont have an HSV plate on it.