Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fallout 3

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Anyone else playing this yet?

I got it just the other day, and was very happy that I can play it in widescreen with full detail! I got so immersed in the game that driving up the street to buy a pizza for dinner was spinning me out, and drinking water from the tap in the bathroom made me worried about radiation!

I specced my character for speech, laser guns and unarmed, although I'm thinking of using a console command to change the unarmed spec to repairs or small guns since I don't actually run around beating things up with my bare hands. Being a long time Oblivion player the interface is comfortable and familiar to me, with a few extra bits I didn't expect such as people warning you about stealing or breaking in when they see you looking at things you don't own!

I'm thinking about seeing if there's a difficulty slider though, it feels like it might be getting a little easy now.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
lol interesting reading that....i've seen this advertised on the telly...i'm no hardcore gamer, but i give them a lsh every now and then. My biggest curse is, i buy the latest thing out, then i set it up and forget about it for months lol
So is it worth getting or should i play the the first two in the trilogy?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I haven't played the first two myself, obviously there's a little bit of history and stuff you miss out on, for example I had no idea that Fallout 3 was set 200 years after the great war, etc. But nothing is even gamebreaking in the slightest if you haven't played the first two, and if you didn't know better you wouldn't even know it was a sequel.

I don't play it on a Console, by the way, I use my PC. I would be inclined to borrow someone else's copy and see how much you like it before buying it, since games are way too expensive these days. I never pay more than $50 for a game which means I wait a while before buying them.

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Started playing Fallout 3.

Got bored.

Started Far Cry 2.

Got Bored.

Back to Fallout 3. Wondering if I should detonate the bomb in that junk town or not haha.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
I've played about 2 hours of it, then never touched it again. Boring as hell. I like RPG-shooters normally, but shooting someone at point blank range in the head twice apparently still doesn't kill people until you level up.

Looks pretty, and I'm sure it has a great story, but it's bloody boring.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ Yeah i just got the power armour though it says i need some training on it before i can wear it!!

Wicked game this (on PC for me).

only running it at medium graphics cause my GFX card is a tad old but it still runs smooth and look increadible!

I've been playing farcry 2 before this and that got boring... same thing over and over again plus too much traveling around... which gets old after having to cross the same damn bridge for the 10th time and kill the dudes there for the 10th time too!!

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
Mate of mine has spent 40+ hours on fallout3 so far..
(xbox 360)

you gotta really like that sort of thing..