Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fark...blower fan stuffed? VP

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I have just about had it with my car.

About 18 months ago I got the aircon retrofitted with all new parts except for the heater core and evaporator. The reason why I left them is because I didn't want the dash pulled out. I ended up paying $1680 for the whole job.

A couple of months later, water started leaking out into the passenger seat footwell. Got quoted $900 to remove dash and fit heater core and evaporator. Told them to stick it.

Yesterday, I hopped in the car. It was an oven inside and when I turned on the climate control, the fan didn't come on. I jumped back out and checked the fuse in the engine bay, the fuse under the dash and the relay, they were all fine. I could hear the relay clicking & could hear the compressor turn on.

Drove home in a filthy mood and consulted the Haynes manual. Turns out that the dash has to come out to replace the blower motor, if that is whats faulty. Fark.

Tell me this isnt so?

DF_Media

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
welcome to Holden Auto Electrics 101

W

wagjm

I have a VX commodore and the other day the fan stopped working altogether, there is a clicking noise from the relay when i go from no. 3-4. AIR con still turns on, any ideas?

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Try the blower fan resister, could be just a loose wire. I think its in the plenum chamber (i think thats what its called) in where the leaves always end up at the base of the windscreen.

Bush King 86

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Vp II 5L V8 Executive
hi i have vp and my blower fan have stop i checked the fuseable link under the bonet and it is blown but when i put another one in it blows staight away even when i go as high as a 60 amp double the size it still blows any idea where to start looking as all the wiring is taped up so i cant see any thing
thank you

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
first point, disconnect the fan where it plugs into the loom near the radiator. Replace the fuse, and see if it blows.
If it does, the fan might be ok, but the problem lies else where.
if it doesn't blow, ur fan is stuffed