Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault code P129D, causing remote start problem

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
It’s been mentioned that the access plate was removed to meet the more stringent USA crash tests.
Did some have an access plate, VE perhaps?

We had to get engineering approval for a CAMS rule change to permit a fuel pump access hole cut in the boot of VT production-based race cars in 2006. I think it only amounted to an engineer's visual inspection and approval, but CAMS rejected the initial submission concerned with weakening of the boot floor integrity.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
VE production (2006 -2013) had an access plate on the early builds. But I’m not sure when within the model life the access hatch was dropped though I suspect it would have lined up with the Pontiac G8 production (2008-2009) and carried through to the VF (and Chevy SS)…

All speculation on my part but others who worked in the body plant may know the truth :cool:

PS: after I posted, I noticed the added paragraph re cams and race car rules. In that context, I’d only guess that rules are managed by cams and if a car had access hatch from factory, I’d be ok but changing the body structure probably requires approval in some categories and maybe not in others :p

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

We had to get engineering approval for a CAMS rule change to permit a fuel pump access hole cut in the boot of VT production-based race cars in 2006. I think it only amounted to an engineer's visual inspection and approval, but CAMS rejected the initial submission concerned with weakening of the boot floor integrity.

Sure did, from reading this post from FU Manchu

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/confused.288225/page-2#post-3170008

lowrida56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5ltr
My vf has an access plate now, heaps easier to fix any fuel pump issues in the future

Attachments

• 20240429_082254.jpg
    20240429_082254.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 30