Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Remote Start didn’t work why??

RSspecial

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore RS
Group thoughts if I could. RS ZB Commi, I always use the remote start and it always works, no matter what, even from near 100 meters away.
This particular time all it would do was flash the indicators for locking as I approached the car and tried several times, it wouldn’t start the vehicle remotely. Checked, Doors all locked, tried several times, still the same. Unlocked the doors and opened the car up, immediately closed the doors again, locked it and attempted the remote start. It worked! since then it’s never repeated this fault or I use the term fault in loose terms.
I have my thoughts of why and it goes something like, someones been in the vehicle using a clone remote more than likely been at the OBD level but have not been able to sync the locking correctly when it’s been locked up again. Hence the remote start wouldn’t work that particular time. Anyone theories thanks?

cheers

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
not just a glitch caused by RF interference?
why assume something so unlikely as going to the trouble to steel a ZB

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
this is a normal part of the remote start operation.
there are a few conditions that will prevent remote start and basically what it will do is flash the indicators 2 times but wont start.

its nothing to worry about because it can happen from time to time but if it persists then you have a problem.

normally when it intermittently happens it is due to a temporary fault code being logged when you stopped the vehicle and when you start the vehicle it clears the error and operates as normal.

it can be a sign of a failing vehicle battery but unless it keeps happening i would not worry.

RSspecial

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore RS
this is a normal part of the remote start operation.
there are a few conditions that will prevent remote start and basically what it will do is flash the indicators 2 times but wont start.

its nothing to worry about because it can happen from time to time but if it persists then you have a problem.

normally when it intermittently happens it is due to a temporary fault code being logged when you stopped the vehicle and when you start the vehicle it clears the error and operates as normal.

it can be a sign of a failing vehicle battery but unless it keeps happening i would not worry.
Ok cool thanks for the reply’s gents, with Louts reply appreciate your message but I’m not assuming anything about the vehicle being stolen, there are a few different reasons to want access to this or any vehicle, again it’s not to steal or thieve and I’m not going to go into those other reasons, I think most can work out what I’m referring to Though.
There was no RF interference, so that’s out. I hoped I attracted an answer from a ZB tech much like the above answer which is informative if this can randomly happen or from an older battery. The kicker for me is that it coincided with my electric seat just slightly out of position. I believe someone has been in it and question if access was gained to the vehicle, could this be a result of not having the correct method to lock it back up correctly. It took me to use my remote to unlock it open the doors and reset it So it worked again
cheers

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Ok cool thanks for the reply’s gents, with Louts reply appreciate your message but I’m not assuming anything about the vehicle being stolen, there are a few different reasons to want access to this or any vehicle, again it’s not to steal or thieve and I’m not going to go into those other reasons, I think most can work out what I’m referring to Though.
There was no RF interference, so that’s out. I hoped I attracted an answer from a ZB tech much like the above answer which is informative if this can randomly happen or from an older battery. The kicker for me is that it coincided with my electric seat just slightly out of position. I believe someone has been in it and question if access was gained to the vehicle, could this be a result of not having the correct method to lock it back up correctly. It took me to use my remote to unlock it open the doors and reset it So it worked again
cheers

i have had my zb from 2019~2020 and it has randomly done the fail to start scenario about 10 times.
like you we always remote start it and i replaced the battery with a decent yuasa deep cycle when i purchased it so i know its not the battery.
the zb over time will just have random quirks which is no different to the 5 ve and 7 vf vehicles i have owned before that, even my colorado has had its own share of random things.
vehicle electronics are great!!

i put it down to that awesome gm design lol.

i would not stress over it, you are going to have the occasional issue with modern vehicles.
with the zb at some stage the mylink will just not turn on, sometimes park assist will not kick in, randomly the radiator fan will keep running after you stop the vehicle, stop start will just decide to not work for a week etc.

most of it is nothing to worry about unless it persists and once that happens you then start to look deeper into the issue but a one off issue every now and then is no cause for concern.

RSspecial

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore RS
i have had my zb from 2019~2020 and it has randomly done the fail to start scenario about 10 times.
like you we always remote start it and i replaced the battery with a decent yuasa deep cycle when i purchased it so i know its not the battery.
the zb over time will just have random quirks which is no different to the 5 ve and 7 vf vehicles i have owned before that, even my colorado has had its own share of random things.
vehicle electronics are great!!

i put it down to that awesome gm design lol.

i would not stress over it, you are going to have the occasional issue with modern vehicles.
with the zb at some stage the mylink will just not turn on, sometimes park assist will not kick in, randomly the radiator fan will keep running after you stop the vehicle, stop start will just decide to not work for a week etc.

most of it is nothing to worry about unless it persists and once that happens you then start to look deeper into the issue but a one off issue every now and then is no cause for concern.
Ok again thanks gents, will keep these things in mind and monitor it. Cheers and best of luck

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I've heard if the battery is not fully charged it will not remote start. The stop/start functionality at the traffic lights also stops functioning with a ow battery.