Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault codes

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
once the car starts it doesn’t stop but when you turn it off most of the time you can’t get it started again
When you can't start the car, does the red light on the mode button go out?

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
I’m not to sure will have to investigate tomorrow currently on the phone to my dad getting him to start the car but currently the car wants to start every time he turns the key but didn’t want to the other day

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sometimes it likes to start all the time but a lot of the time it just doesn’t want to start
What l'm thinking is, when no start is occurring, vats has kicked in? (vats = vehicle anti theft system).
If the red light is on, car won't start. Or if it does will stall straight away.

My vt does this. I'll unlock with the fob, & if l walk away to do something & then come back to the car & try & start it,it may start, only to stall straight away.
I have to lock it, unlock it with the fob, then it will start straight away & no problems.

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
What l'm thinking is, when no start is occurring, vats has kicked in? (vats = vehicle anti theft system).
If the red light is on, car won't start. Or if it does will stall straight away.

My vt does this. I'll unlock with the fob, & if l walk away to do something & then come back to the car & try & start it,it may start, only to stall straight away.
I have to lock it, unlock it with the fob, then it will start straight away & no problems.
When the car starts it runs and keeps running for as long as you want it to, but you turn it off walk away to do something come back and it won’t start, I’ll have a look into it more tomorrow with what you are suggesting and see if it does the no light when not starting thing, all my dad could give me that when he got in the car that light was flashing and when he started it it went away but for some reason the car wanted to play ball today and just kept starting

Also before you mentioned that you have the same scan tool as me, do you know if you can get the ecu security code with these scan tools as I’m having problems with my ecu in my vz and may need to replace, I have pulled my bcm security code 6 digit code but from what I’ve heard the ecu is a 4 digit code and the only 4 digit code that comes up in the ecu side of things is the ecu identifier so not sure if that’s the security code or something else entirely

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
When the car starts it runs and keeps running for as long as you want it to, but you turn it off walk away to do something come back and it won’t start, I’ll have a look into it more tomorrow with what you are suggesting and see if it does the no light when not starting thing, all my dad could give me that when he got in the car that light was flashing and when he started it it went away but for some reason the car wanted to play ball today and just kept starting

Also before you mentioned that you have the same scan tool as me, do you know if you can get the ecu security code with these scan tools as I’m having problems with my ecu in my vz and may need to replace, I have pulled my bcm security code 6 digit code but from what I’ve heard the ecu is a 4 digit code and the only 4 digit code that comes up in the ecu side of things is the ecu identifier so not sure if that’s the security code or something else entirely
For vt security code is in the bcm.
Don't know about other models?

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
Tried starting the car today it eventually started everytime but really struggled to do so took about 2-3 seconds to start each time sounded like it didn’t want to start but eventually started and red light always went out

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tried starting the car today it eventually started everytime but really struggled to do so took about 2-3 seconds to start each time sounded like it didn’t want to start but eventually started and red light always went out
Sounds like fuel pump or fuel filter, which is near the tank.

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
Sounds like fuel pump or fuel filter, which is near the tank.
Yea I was kinda starting to think fuel related but my dads adamant it’s the key haha, it would be easy if I could send a video of what it actually does but don’t think it will let me post one on here I’ll try