Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faulty PVC valve?

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
does anyone know what the symtoms are of a faulty PVC?
I run a turbo, so have disconnected the line between being the inlet manifold and t/b but have left it open, or should I run a new hose from that inlet manifold outlet to s new position?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
You can just put a mini k&n filter on it but it's not legal.you can run it to in front of the turbo between filter and turbo to be legal or can fit a catch can inline on the way there.I presume ecotech block the pcv valve itself in between upper and lower manifold

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If it's an Eco (your profile says VP though) easiest way to tell is rip off the plenum cover and run your finger over the bottom of the plenum. If you have a fine coating of oil then it's probably time to go. Not uncommon going from N/A to boosted to see one pop a pooper.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i didnt see the vp was on phone.block the pcv under the big bolt head behind the alternator

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
Thanks guys, so just completely block the PVC Delco?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Heck no. Not unless you want to kill it, the engine needs to vent somewhere. I think delco meant engine block. He'll set you right when he posts back, he's a v6 turbo gun.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if vp easiest way is pull it and the spring out squash and fold over the small end of the pcv to block it and then refit with spring and put the cap on
ecotech you can block it with a coin under it or squash it the same as above

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i block every pcv on turbo cars unless its series 1 then i fit an oring sealed check valve inline for total seal under boost.you can buy an aftermarket brass and neoprene sealed pcv from the states that all the turbo buick boys use in the states if you really want.the fresh air in pipe from the inlet manifold with a mini k&n on it breaths plenty on a vp. block the TB hole solid .weve run for 5 years with just the one filter inlet on the vb its never even been cleaned motor has no blowby even on 21psi LOL