Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few legal questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Funny that you have posted something like this. i am currently in a similar situation. Very similar. However i am a few steps ahead of you and i can provide the right answers.

1) If my father comes onto my mums rented property and fails to leave as soon as asked, what force can be used to get him off the property. (Yes we have called the police and it takes them atleast 10 minutes to get there each time)
First off do not use force. It has been reported to police yes? well then you should to get your hands on a restraining order. It takes no time to fill it out and for it to be severed.
With this been said, if he does rock up (this is exactly what the QPS said to my mother) she is to call triple O stating that she fears for her safety. REMEMBER that. It's a priority list. And that is right up the top. Things become alot different if the police rock up and he is still present.
2) Is my mum aloud access to her legal possessions in a house that she equally owns?
Devoice proceedings and mediation solve this problem. (I can tell you that that is how it works)
3) We have a family dog which gets 2 weeks at each house, we have been advised by our solicitor that we are aloud to keep him, considering we pay for his vet bills, have my mums name on his registration ect.
Good luck....... It's a dog..... Not a child
4) My father always finds ways to controll my mum, whether it be driving past the house often, finding out things about her and calling my sister and getting her to tell my mum bout what he has said ect... any ideas on how to stop this or any ways to get back at him?
Don't get back at him. Funny how things like this resemble school yard bullying. The restraining order takes care of the driving past as long as it can be proven. The others will work them selves out.
5) Lastly i know he is my father blah blah blah, he is scared of me so if you have any suggestions on how to really get up him id like to hear it.
Just tell him that you will wipe him from your life and have nothing to do with him. If you have the balls to walk away, bloody good on you.

Now you also say that you would like to be a coper. I currently have completed the application process of the Queensland police service. I am currently awaiting my final yes or no. I can tell you right now, you do not want to get involved in anything.

We dont want to share the house, we want it sold but my father has run it into the ground and wants to repair some things (bathroom) at equal cost to each party which is just dragging things on even longer. We have only been back there twice in 7 months.
The divorce proceedings will take care of this problem.

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
So men beat women and wait around the corner till noone is watching and then we all pounce! Beat them senseless etc?

You may want to watch what you project. We know if people are treated a certain way they end up fulfilling your expectations. I'm just glad that most women don't have your view.

Its all sweet guys thanks for both of your views, but please keep on the topic thanks:)

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
Funny that you have posted something like this. i am currently in a similar situation. Very similar. However i am a few steps ahead of you and i can provide the right answers.

1) If my father comes onto my mums rented property and fails to leave as soon as asked, what force can be used to get him off the property. (Yes we have called the police and it takes them atleast 10 minutes to get there each time)
First off do not use force. It has been reported to police yes? well then you should to get your hands on a restraining order. It takes no time to fill it out and for it to be severed.
With this been said, if he does rock up (this is exactly what the QPS said to my mother) she is to call triple O stating that she fears for her safety. REMEMBER that. It's a priority list. And that is right up the top. Things become alot different if the police rock up and he is still present.
2) Is my mum aloud access to her legal possessions in a house that she equally owns?
Devoice proceedings and mediation solve this problem. (I can tell you that that is how it works)
3) We have a family dog which gets 2 weeks at each house, we have been advised by our solicitor that we are aloud to keep him, considering we pay for his vet bills, have my mums name on his registration ect.
Good luck....... It's a dog..... Not a child
4) My father always finds ways to controll my mum, whether it be driving past the house often, finding out things about her and calling my sister and getting her to tell my mum bout what he has said ect... any ideas on how to stop this or any ways to get back at him?
Don't get back at him. Funny how things like this resemble school yard bullying. The restraining order takes care of the driving past as long as it can be proven. The others will work them selves out.
5) Lastly i know he is my father blah blah blah, he is scared of me so if you have any suggestions on how to really get up him id like to hear it.
Just tell him that you will wipe him from your life and have nothing to do with him. If you have the balls to walk away, bloody good on you.

Now you also say that you would like to be a coper. I currently have completed the application process of the Queensland police service. I am currently awaiting my final yes or no. I can tell you right now, you do not want to get involved in anything.

The divorce proceedings will take care of this problem.

Thanks alot for your post mate, it helps having someone who has gone through the same thing in a similar situation. I have so far controlled myself while extremely upset/angry and have walked away, at the time its the last thing i want to do but after its all done and things have cooled down im always so glad that i did. Thanks for your answers and is it ok if i PM you with any other questions that i will no doubt come up with instead of posting it on here? Cheers mate!

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Very true, which makes me wonder why someone would want to start threatening someone in the first place. Sitting back and doing nothing is the best thing to do obviously but a young male can only do that for so long ofcourse. I have though, sat in my loungeroom listening to myself and my mother being abused through the window, and not said a word:)

Continue doing so.. It won't last forever. People threaten when they are hurt, your dad is not immune, most people have more self control and sense than your dad. Just get the restraining order and be there for your mum and sister and don't do stupid ****. Let the cops handle it unless you are defending them. I mean for real defending them, not annoying non-violent stuff. That'll pass.

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
Continue doing so.. It won't last forever. People threaten when they are hurt, your dad is not immune, most people have more self control and sense than your dad. Just get the restraining order and be there for your mum and sister and don't do stupid ****. Let the cops handle it unless you are defending them. I mean for real defending them, not annoying non-violent stuff. That'll pass.

Cheers mate ill be taking that on board for sure

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
talk to a solicitor my good man.

anything we say here is comming from people who either arnt solicitors, or police officers, so it's all hear say, cover your ass and speak to the experts, thats about all you can do. it will cost money, but you cant put a price on your mothers safety, cause mums rule

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I am closing this...unless members are lawyers they should not answer, I dont give a crap if you say do not say it, but see a lawyer/solicitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.