Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

finale

3800_man

I was curious if you think this is a good idea for a job, i wank a vk, put a vn-vs (whatever i can find) motor and gearbox rebult and new everything, put in it,extractors, exaust,cai, pod, aftermarket timing gears, crow cams, bored and stroked (just a little), aftermarket fuel and oil pumps. and sprts tuning, but the one thing i was wondering about is a sports or aftermarket efi, someone said there awsome, so a bit of feed back guys, like what you think and what mods iv missed what u think of the power to weight ect ect thanks guys

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It seems to be a pretty common mod these days, they've even got kits for it! For engine information I'd ask around the VN-VY forums, it's the engine those people have so they should be pretty cluey about that..

Power to weight would be excellent, but why a VK? I mean they're great and everything but why not go a VB-VH.. lots of chrome!

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Don't forget the supercharger mate or even if u want to go the distance try out some Nos :p

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
3800_man said:
I was curious if you think this is a good idea for a job, i wank a vk, put a vn-vs (whatever i can find) motor and gearbox rebult and new everything, put in it,extractors, exaust,cai, pod, aftermarket timing gears, crow cams, bored and stroked (just a little), aftermarket fuel and oil pumps. and sprts tuning, but the one thing i was wondering about is a sports or aftermarket efi, someone said there awsome, so a bit of feed back guys, like what you think and what mods iv missed what u think of the power to weight ect ect thanks guys
If your going to use the car as a bottom less money pit dont buy a V6 put an EFI 5L in it, marginally different in purchase, I would say better value for money in performance.

As for EFI, it all depends on what else you have done to the engine, but there are after market twin throttle body setups available for the V8s also 8 throttle body setups.
As for EFI if you have an open budget got for a motec if you want value for money something like a haltec E6x or E6xGM will give best bang for buck. But you will need to size your injectors to the engine as well as throttle bodys. People may wank over twin 75mm trottle bodies but they could be oversized for the engine and you could drop power.

I think you cant go past a VK for power to weight, in your build dont forget suspension & brakes.

cheers
Scott

3800_man

weel, firstly i love vks ,they are the best looking commy ever,especially in the color i want wiht a nice silver grp-a, and i dont want a v8, im not worried bout cost, ireally just wanna have a really fast vk, and those engines seem to be the best for a vk, requires so little modding, also i can legally not drive a vk for 1 more yr till i have my black license, but yeah, i think a really fast v6 is better than a v8. but yeah, plz keep sending me your thoughts and opinions plz.

3800_man

so if i was gunna do all the them mods, is ther enething missing, no basic mods that iv missed, no easy replacments nething, alos what kinda power and or power to weight would i be getting.

vh_thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
dunno about p/w, but why don't you want a v8?
to make as much power as the 8 will take more money and you'll end up using the same amount of fuel because the v6 will be 'crankier'.
plus there were v8s in vk so the swap would be easier.