Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally brought a new car!

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Hey guys
if you havnt seen my other thread, ive been in the mix to buy a vy s or vz sv6, finally i made my choice and yep its a beautiful vz sv6.
Its completely stock aprt from the vz ss guards
It also has paddle shifts im not sure if they come on all vz sv6
Future mods:
2 and a half inch exhuast? any idea guys i heard if you get it wrong it can sound terrible only want to spend $500
OTR ( Over the raditor) or mace racing air box? opinions on which is better?
20 inch wheels and sssl in the rear with ssl on the front
maybe remove the spolier?
also should i remove the black thing on top of the raditor that covers it? that says be careful fan starts at anytime?

Attachments

• 07022012570.jpg
    07022012570.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 07022012580.jpg
    07022012580.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 07022012581.jpg
    07022012581.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 07022012584.jpg
    07022012584.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 07022012588.jpg
    07022012588.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 251

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Nice car mate, im yet to find an OTR for the 190 alloytec and people have said that they are **** until someone has some sort of tuning thing (mafless or something) and definatly remove the spoiler and i plan to paint the radiator shroud to match my car. and looks really ugly without it
Good luck man

Willo

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
thanks man
yeah maybe just a mace racing air box will do
yeah will probably remove spoiler when i put 20s on it

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Im running a 2.5" catback from manta, they are like $600 or something (came on the car) sounds good i recon, has a twin dump dip on the end. sounds better when it isnt cracked

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
ahh
im gonna take it to an exhaust shop in epping, he done my vs real good
see what his got for me
you got twin exhaust yeah?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
nice car mate, but for a few things:

yes all sv6 autos came with paddle shift

for an exhaust talk to NAAF on here (Not An Abba Fan) as he does a catback exhaust for the vz which is a dual 2.25 into a single 3 i think and its probably the best exhaust you can get for a vz alloytec cos it doesnt drone and it doesnt sound rice when you up it, probably be a few people on here who have it fitted and can give you a better idea lol oh and he does this for $500 im pretty sure

as for the radiator cover, yeah you can take it off if you want, its only there for show, but personal opinion i think it looks better on, maybe if you just paint it up a bit or something,

and otr's or mace air boxs are more of assisting mod, will do very little for a stock standard alloytec engine, if you just want it for sound look into the DIY Two Hole Mod, costs less than $50 on a bad day lol

apart from that nice vz and some tasteful mods you have decided to go with, it should look good but remember at the end of the day its your car and you do what you want, everyone here can only give your their opinion or advice

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
nice car mate, but for a few things:

yes all sv6 autos came with paddle shift

for an exhaust talk to NAAF on here (Not An Abba Fan) as he does a catback exhaust for the vz which is a dual 2.25 into a single 3 i think and its probably the best exhaust you can get for a vz alloytec cos it doesnt drone and it doesnt sound rice when you up it, probably be a few people on here who have it fitted and can give you a better idea lol oh and he does this for $500 im pretty sure

as for the radiator cover, yeah you can take it off if you want, its only there for show, but personal opinion i think it looks better on, maybe if you just paint it up a bit or something,

and otr's or mace air boxs are more of assisting mod, will do very little for a stock standard alloytec engine, if you just want it for sound look into the DIY Two Hole Mod, costs less than $50 on a bad day lol

apart from that nice vz and some tasteful mods you have decided to go with, it should look good but remember at the end of the day its your car and you do what you want, everyone here can only give your their opinion or advice
thanks man
yeah i will inbox him see how much it is to fit
btw how come sv6s didnt come with footwell lights?
thats pretty ****

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Im only running a twin to single exhaust like normal, just has the 2.5" through a rear muffler or resonator (i dont know the difference really) to the twin tip dump