Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally got my Redline

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
So guys,

After months of waiting for the right moment, I finally picked up my 2017 Redline last week. Son of a Gun, 6 speed sedan. I'm absolutely in love.

Ill post some photos as soon as I work out how!

What I wanted to ask is how adding an OTR intake will impact my warranty and capped price servicing deal? Will they no longer cover me, and will I lose the capped price servicing deal?

Also will I get error codes on the dash If I don't get a tune afterwards? Wanted to just bolt up the OTR and not worry about a tune for a while if possible. Plan to keep the MAF, probably going with a Harrop unit.

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
So guys,

After months of waiting for the right moment, I finally picked up my 2017 Redline last week. Son of a Gun, 6 speed sedan. I'm absolutely in love.

What I wanted to ask is how adding an OTR intake will impact my warranty and capped price servicing deal? Will they no longer cover me, and will I lose the capped price servicing deal?

Also will I get error codes on the dash If I don't get a tune afterwards? Wanted to just bolt up the OTR and not worry about a tune for a while if possible. Plan to keep the MAF, probably going with a Harrop unit.

Congrats. The love will endure. They're great cars and fun to drive.
I really don't know why you'd want an OTR on a VF2 without the other usual bolt on stuff and a tune. On its own, it will make bugger all, if any noticeable difference to performance. There's also the MSE to consider, although I think I remember reading the Harrop one allowed the MSE to be reconnected.
Some OTR's throw Code's, some don't. Personally I'm not going to risk my LS3 with a greater volume of air throwing out the AFR's... I'll be getting the Roto-Fab CAI fitted to my Motorssport, with my headers, cats and tune. I aiming for about 385kw. From that. Then it's small cam time.
Re the old as Methuselah warranty debate: Go full bolt on's with tune and you risk having issues with related warranty claims. That's it. It cannot and does not void your warranty. If Holden suspected an issue or failure was caused by the mods they "may" deny a claim. If you challenged it, the onus would be on Holden to convince "others" how.
Enjoy the Redline.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Load your pics to Imgur or similar and then using the picture icon at the top of the reply box (next to the smile icon) paste the pic url and you're done.

ChrisAus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2015 storm
Don’t get OTR without the tune it will make little to no difference if anything will make it worst.

When I had my OTR installed I had custom tune and had gearbox recalibrated and I went from 300hp to 363hp. This is just on a L77. So absolute huge increase.

Attachments

• FAD734F9-5FCC-4E9B-8C2D-DAFFDFE338C8.jpeg
    FAD734F9-5FCC-4E9B-8C2D-DAFFDFE338C8.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 324
  • F77BA8DC-B366-47FE-8B6C-FA130F278F34.jpeg
    F77BA8DC-B366-47FE-8B6C-FA130F278F34.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 304

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
So guys,

SOAG grey is best grey, well done! I'm going in for XForce 1 7/8ths headers and 3 inch stainless , VCM OTR and tune next week.. we'll see how we go!

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I’d prob wait to the warranty runs out before modifiying it.

Congrats on the new ride. Must be a true petrol head, thinking about modifications the moment u pick up a new car. Brother I know how u feel

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4

Congrats on the new ride. Must be a true petrol head, thinking about modifications the moment u pick up a new car. Brother I know how u feel
Yeah, I have always played it safe with my cars, but this time I'm letting it all hang out - I have an inside man at my local Holden dealer, so I am a bit more comfortable than otherwise :)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

7 years is a long drought Mike.

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Well done, had mine just over 2yrs and still in love, coming from FPV Boss 335 and FPV F6 310 that's saying something.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
When I fitted my OTR the car ran lean as and pinged. It was on one day before tuned. Tuner confirmed on dyno it was dangerously lean.