Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Fined for having no driving/fog lights in existing holes

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
no adr for fog lights. most jap cars with foglights have to have them removed to comply. we dint do anything with the holes. just unplug, thow the lights in a box and give them to the customer.

i am assuming these are just fog lights, i.e the high beams and parklights are still fully functional.

well there was nothing in there, as it was a fibreglass replica of a hsv kit on a stock vz commodore. today we installed driving lights(can only be activated while high beam is on, so no hassles with them).

unfortunately she already paid the fine, but has lodged an appeal for the demerit point with the local police station.

by the sounds of it, the cop wasnt local, and was an arrogant prick about the whole ordeal. had 2 officers go over the car just to find something to pick, and questioning her ability to drive such a "high powered" car.

brilliant impression to lay on a new p plater!!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Everyone has missed the point...

Is she hot?

I just assumed that she wasn't as she got fined for something so petty.

Edit:

Just had a thought - these cops were probably fags as they didn't appreciate the woman or the car.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well you COULD argue structural integrity. But saying a 100mm foglight inside a plastic bumper is structurally integral is like saying cutting my toenail a little to short prevents me from being able to stand.

Id love to see the paperwork, because it sounds like one hell of a bullshit fine. The VT/VX has the bezel there for the foglights and its a matter of simply removing a rubber grommet. What is a rubber grommet going to do in this instance? Same deal with the VZ.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Said officer is probably back at the station giving his highway mates high fives for giving the most obscure fine of the week.