Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car for a girl

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
images

have fun with that ^

Size doesn't always matter
[YOUTUBE]emtLLvXrrFs[/YOUTUBE]
I personally Wouldn't buy a early model Korean car for the same reason I wouldn't buy a Chinese car I think they unsafe pieces of rubbish but if it has a good ANCAP rating it would give you a bit more peace of mind knowing your loved ones are in it.
[YOUTUBE]F0qPvWyyZLI[/YOUTUBE]
Compared to
[YOUTUBE]kVHAj1E9Bzg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I strongly recommend you avoid such a situation in either car.. and the Sonata we are discussing is a similar size and weight to a Commodore of the same vintage anyway..

^^This

Can people not read??? Seriously, would have the saved at least 1 page of arguing over nothing!!! lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hyundai as a brand in 2012 is very different to what they were in 2002 and earlier. From what I've seen their recent cars are comparable to most others in the same class in safety, performance & equipment. You can certainly do a lot worse - Great Wall anyone?

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Size doesn't always matter

Yes you are correct but as a rough rule of fun, being in a crash between 2 x 2012 model vehicles (choose any year you like for the pair since 1980 really) and I'll choose the bigger one nearly every time.

I personally Wouldn't buy a early model Korean car for the same reason I wouldn't buy a Chinese car I think they unsafe pieces of rubbish but if it has a good ANCAP rating it would give you a bit more peace of mind knowing your loved ones are in it.

Hahahaha People used to say the same things about Japanese cars 30 years ago. (I wouldn't buy an early Korean car or Chinese either)

Reaper

JustLiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT
I had an Astra. Loved it. Lasted over 500,000km without needing a timing belt changed. I did, however, get it serviced regularly. It was even a delivery vehicle for me for work. I ended up smashing it before it did me in. I still have it, hope to repair, but it's useless to me now.

Why not start off with easy and economical? Like a Suzuki Sierra - simple easy engine to fix, 4wd so you can actually USE the vehicle, light, decent tow rating, reliable as heck. And if she's stereotypical girly girl or something, they can be cuted up quite easily. Also, can probably get one for 4k easy. Still in good condition with nice paintjob. The next 4k can be spent going places in it.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had an Astra. Loved it. Lasted over 500,000km without needing a timing belt changed.

Cam/Timing belt is something you don't want to over look because if it goes its not like changing bad plug, it will stuff your whole engine.

PJDM1980

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
after tonights callout can seriously say new model toyota camry/ aurion....

cliped on a corner in the ass by a VE commodore.

VE's come off looking looking meh, but the Toyota's come off looking like its ass is a crushed aluminium can.

Was shocked i would have expected that out of a korean car.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Why not start off with easy and economical? Like a Suzuki Sierra - simple easy engine to fix, 4wd so you can actually USE the vehicle, light, decent tow rating, reliable as heck. And if she's stereotypical girly girl or something, they can be cuted up quite easily. Also, can probably get one for 4k easy. Still in good condition with nice paintjob. The next 4k can be spent going places in it.

might be ok if she doesn't mind a harsh ride
those things are as rough as guts, may as well have the axles bolted straight to the chassis.
If you want a good, cheap 4WD for sure. But the constant crash, bang, rattle, smash over the smallest of bumps in the road will soon wear thin if you want a car to drive on the road.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
might be ok if she doesn't mind a harsh ride
those things are as rough as guts, may as well have the axles bolted straight to the chassis.
If you want a good, cheap 4WD for sure. But the constant crash, bang, rattle, smash over the smallest of bumps in the road will soon wear thin if you want a car to drive on the road.

WEEEEEAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK! Lol

PJDM1980